Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Losing the interest in the game.
07-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Losing the interest in the game.
Hey,

First of all grats for the game, it has loads of potential.nand that was the reason I bought the whole package.

With that in mind I wish I could have a pleasent experience with it.
The problem is the game keeps crashing all the time, either freezing or simply just crashing completely. Not during game, at least.

On top of this to finish a game fast and easily, you have to lose it, because if you are winning, te opponent just stops playing leaving you stranded with loads of unfinished games and no chance to start more.

Also the notifications are not working correctly. After your potent plays it takes a long while to receive te notification, and tat delays our play, their next play and so on.

Well if that is fixed soon I might stick to the game an its ladders, since you got the bullseye with this one. Just probably delivered it to soon, I don't know.

Hoping for the best,

Hewitt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Losing the interest in the game.
1. Double tap your home button if your on an iOS device. A bar should come up on the bottom and HOLD your finger on one of the apps. Hold until it starts wobbling and press the red - on ALL the apps. This doesn't delete apps, it just closes them because you pretty much had them running. Or if you've done that and it's still crashing, ONLY close outfitters.

2. Play with gc friends that you know will play. There is a forum thread somewhere that let's you trade names with people.

3. This has already been brought up.
07-09-2012, 06:58 AM
4. Have patience, the game has been out a total of 4 days
07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
(07-09-2012 06:43 AM)Hewitt Wrote:  The problem is the game keeps crashing all the time, either freezing or simply just crashing completely. Not during game, at least.
Always make sure to post crashes and their potential causes into the Bug Report Thread so that OML can actually take care of them.

Like every other App in the App Store, Outwitters will receive updates sooner or later, this could either be bugfixes or bonus content. I think that being patient will definitely pay out, there's a lot of stuff to explore in future updates.

Quote:On top of this to finish a game fast and easily, you have to lose it, because if you are winning, te opponent just stops playing leaving you stranded with loads of unfinished games and no chance to start more.
True and sad fact. We can only hope that Adam and Alex will agree with us sooner or later that 7 days (until the inactive opponent gets booted) are far too long.

Quote:Also the notifications are not working correctly. After your potent plays it takes a long while to receive te notification, and tat delays our play, their next play and so on.
There are nearly 500 people in Master League, and according to another thread, Master League people are only 1/5 of all people except those in Fluffy League or Unranked.

That is:
2500 people in Clever/Gifted/Master
????(?) people in Fluffy/Unranked

I'd think there's a total of 5000 people playing the game, if not more. Let them have 8.4 simultaneous games on average. That's 42,000 games. And a lot more notifications.

It is only understandable that a server can't handle the stress for long, probably also some buggy algorithm or whatnot. If you read Friday's news within the app, they wanted to get rid of the "gazillions of notifications instead of 1" issue.

While they fixed it, we didn't receive any notifications. That's not so bad because it was fixed by Saturday. However, today there's new problems occuring. Well, it is Sunday so have those guys take a break eventually. Delayed notifications are better than no notifications at all Smile

Quote:Just probably delivered it to soon, I don't know.
The game was ready-ish in April, that would've been too soon. We literally tested every possible tap combination to get rid of nasty bugs. We didn't experience any issues with notifications back then.

So I hope that you and all the others who are currently disappointed will stick with Outwitters - you won't regret it!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I really like this game. I wish I could play it. Undecided

Of the 20 games I have open, 10 of them have been waiting on the other player for 18 hours or more. Most of those games have less than a dozen rounds.

Please oh please oh please shorten the time-out to something reasonable like 36-48 hours. I don't want to forfeit a game because I had to take a call or go to work, but 7 days is waaaaayy too long.

Thanks for a great game and please give laggers a swift kick in the pants.
07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
(07-09-2012 08:59 AM)[insert clever name] Wrote:  I really like this game. I wish I could play it. Undecided

Of the 20 games I have open, 10 of them have been waiting on the other player for 18 hours or more. Most of those games have less than a dozen rounds.

Please oh please oh please shorten the time-out to something reasonable like 36-48 hours. I don't want to forfeit a game because I had to take a call or go to work, but 7 days is waaaaayy too long.

Thanks for a great game and please give laggers a swift kick in the pants.

I said almost the exact same thing under the "need shorter rounds" thread. Although 36-24 hours would still mean I'm locked out at the moment, all my inactive opponents are from around 24 hours ago.

Hope they sort this out!
07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
(07-09-2012 09:04 AM)k.dot Wrote:  I said almost the exact same thing under the "need shorter rounds" thread. Although 36-24 hours would still mean I'm locked out at the moment, all my inactive opponents are from around 24 hours ago.

Hope they sort this out!

Me too. Or maybe we should start publicly shaming people who lag out on games. For example:

[Image: eFNmO.png]
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
(07-09-2012 09:47 AM)[insert clever name] Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 09:04 AM)k.dot Wrote:  I said almost the exact same thing under the "need shorter rounds" thread. Although 36-24 hours would still mean I'm locked out at the moment, all my inactive opponents are from around 24 hours ago.

Hope they sort this out!

Me too. Or maybe we should start publicly shaming people who lag out on games. For example:

[Image: eFNmO.png]

OMG YES. I'm serious, we really should Tongue
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I have 7 games that are 3 days old, 5 that are 2 days old and a couple that are over 24 hours. My assumption is that these are not people who care if they are shamed on the OML forums. They are peeps that downloaded a cool looking new free game on app store, play a couple rounds and decide its not their thing. Or are very casual gamers and maybe will come back to play through their games in a few days. With a 7 day afk allowance and a 20 game limit, people like myself who want to play more get screwed by a clogged game list. Doesn't help that the active games I have won lately, I haven't gotten credit for because of a "try again" error...
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok just flat out....reduce the inactive auto lose to 1 and a half days. That's reasonable enough for me.