Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New bramble nerf and soldiers
03-26-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: New bramble nerf and soldiers
The main thing I would take away from here is the fact that before the change, the perceived balance of the Veggienauts versus other teams is as follows:

Veggienauts > Adorables
Veggienauts > Feedback
Veggienauts < Scallywags

This is a rough generalization and obviously there is some dispute, but this seems to be the general consensus. Now, the change is a straight nerf to Veggienauts. It should be clear that this ignores a significant part of Veggienaut balance. That is, the Veggienaut vs Scallywag matchup. I hope that a slight buff can be made that helps Veggienauts against Scallywags without being as much of a buff against Adorables and Feedback. I don't remember who made this suggestion initially, but it fulfilled this requirement - regenerating thorns. For those of you who haven't seen this suggestion yet, here's the basic idea:

Each turn any damaged thorns are reset to full health (buffed thorns will remain at 3, but any thorn with 1 health returns to 2 assuming thorn base hp is 2). This helps against Scallywags because it makes splash damage less detrimental while it doesn't have much of an impact in the other matchups. Is that enough of a matchup specific buff? Maybe not, but it's a start.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New bramble nerf and soldiers - bobolynx - 03-24-2013, 04:25 AM
RE: New bramble nerf and soldiers - CombatEX - 03-26-2013 06:10 AM