Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 04:49 AM
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
(03-21-2013 04:35 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Perhaps there aren't enough of one population or the other (or both) to sustain swift matchmaking. That might be why OML designed the system this way.

I speculated that may be the case in Pinga Pinga's (sp?) thread where s/he complained about 2v2 matchmaking. Hopefully this isn't the case though and we can eventually separate them so Apples don't have to play Oranges as you put it =)

GreatGonzales Wrote:Actually CombatEX, come to think of is, the shared player pool between 2v2 random and 2v2 arranged may help explain why 2v2 arranged seems so "top heavy" compared to the 1v1 population. That is, about 23% of arranged players are either Masters or ST, compared to just 5% in 1v1.

I agree. As you said previously, as an arranged team you have an advantage over someone playing in a random team and so it should be easier to for arranged teams to rise to higher leagues than a random team player. This will influence the arranged distribution to be more top heavy than 1v1 due to the 2v2 random players which is the underlying reason I suggested we consider 2v2 as a whole. Perhaps what we should be requesting to OML is for them to make the distributions independent. I suspect that the source of your problem with 2v2 arranged distributions is because 2v2 distributions are currently considered as a whole by OML. If the distributions were separated this could resolve the issue (supposing I am correct in my assumptions).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - CombatEX - 03-21-2013 04:49 AM