Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 03:37 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
Sorry, I should have elaborated before posting. Here is why I think it is necessary to consider them together. It did in fact occur to me that random is 1 player while arranged is 2 but, as I said above in terms of perceived skill a Master random player has reached the same skill as an arranged Master team.

Let us consider an arranged team and a random player with the same hidden skill. The arranged team's players have an advantage from knowing each others' play styles and basic strategies they want to execute on each map. The random player does not. What does this mean? Simply that the random player has reached the same skill hidden rating despite not having the same luxuries as the arranged team. It DOES NOT mean the random player is at a worse hidden rating (by the very nature of the problem statement - both have the same hidden rating). This is why I feel we should consider random players and arranged teams together as they are all open to facing the same opponents and hence if they are of the same hidden rating they should be treated equally in terms of distributions.

The fact that leagues are exclusive means nothing. It's a decision made purely for organizational purposes (it would look weird to have a list where some entries have 2 players and some have 1). What is important is that both random and arranged teams face the same competition.

I agree however that there is a question of how to count random players and arranged teams since it is 1:2.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - CombatEX - 03-21-2013 03:31 AM