Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
(03-21-2013 03:01 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 02:57 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  The numbers:
As a percent of the total player base for 2v2, that's approximately 2%.

0.9% actually. This is a little higher than 1v1, but not enough that I see it as a problem. Especially because I agree with you that 2v2 is more top heavy than 1v1.

I imagine you probably only counted 2v2 arranged. Since arranged and randoms play each other and the distribution is based on all 2v2 you really should include both random and arranged.

FYI I went ahead and used 33 in place of 39, because the 39 from OSN is yesterday's number and also includes 6 duplicates. There are other duplicates I realize but I figured I'd at least control for 2v2 ST duplicates since this is the most important number.

Hmm. You think we should include 2v2 random players in the distribution? I'm not so sure... Though 2v2 arranged and 2v2 random teams may play together, they will never be included in the same league, right? When we discuss 2v2 arranged Masters league, for example, this is comprised 100% of arranged teams, no random teams, right? Plus, it's kind of weird to combine arranged teams (each 2 people) with random teams (each 1 person), seems like a category error. So I don't think it makes sense to include 2v2 random players in this analysis.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - GreatGonzales - 03-21-2013 03:11 AM