Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bramble overnerfed
03-27-2013, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 04:31 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bramble overnerfed
That being said, I probably agree that the newest bramble is not the "ideal" bramble, assuming that bramble changes are limited toggling thorn hp, wit for kill return, and thorn attacking. One option that hasn't received a lot of attention is:

1. 3 hp
2. No wit for kill
3. Cannot attack

I think this might be a better version of the bramble than what we have currently. Though, I don't know, then we're back to spawning heavies and snipers all the time...but at least thorns can't overwhelm unit count.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 04:38 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
What about thorn patches can't attack but it can inflict 1 damage to any unit that physically attacks it? So units like soldiers, heavies, and scramblers get pricked by the thorns but units like snipers and bombshells don't cuz they're attacking at a distance. That way, Bramble can't go thorn patch spamming and kill your medics and snipers.
Oh and, what was Alvendor's idea?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-27-2013, 07:42 AM
(03-27-2013 03:37 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  What did Alvendor suggest?

I've been changing my mind a couple of times Wink But currently my best suggestion is to only allow one strain of thorns with 3 hp and ability to attack and spawn a new thorn in the same turn.

Soldier spam FTW
03-27-2013, 08:18 AM
(03-27-2013 03:56 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 03:02 AM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  With the new patch, I've just confirmed that bramble thorns now have 2hp and still provide wit return on kill. The bramble is a completely useless unit now.

The whole reason for the bramble "buff" in the first place was because of how outmatched Veggies were against Scallywags and their bombshell. Wit return on kill made Veggies even worse against Scallywags because it made it possible to kill vines for literally free.

Now, with the newest change, Bramble is incredibly even worse against Scallywags (not to mention against every other race) because unhealed soldiers can now bum rush vines and kill them efficiently. There is literally no purpose to build a bramble anymore. May as well just build a runner and save the wits.

Fixing the bramble is not hard. Their thorns HP should rightfully be lowered to 2hp, but the wit return on kill needs to be removed from thorns. That would create a balanced bramble that soldiers could still counter, while simultaneously not making the bramble worthless.

I can't agree more! 3HP is too hard to fight against, but 2hp is pretty weak. There need to be another thing to balance the 2hp: remove wit for kill.

But, I don't know anyone who finds it fun to play against bramble. And players who have fun being bramble is simply because they win and overwhelm their opponent. Not because it's awesome. Smile

Why not just compromise: 2.5HP. Problem solved

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
It would still take 2 soldiers or 1 soldier and 1 runner or 1 heavy or 1 sniper to kill it.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
I lost 2 games against riptor playing veggies and he was using scallywags
I am pretty sure that veggies are like feedback now
That is they take a great amount of skill to master which in my opinion is how every special unit should be
If you think the bramble needs a buff then surely feedback need a buff too because they are exactly in the same state
But I don't mind how things are now just gotta roll with it and come up with good strategies

One thing I wished for in my games against riptor was regenerating thorns I'm sure it would have made a big difference because bombshells rely so much on splash damage
03-27-2013, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 12:52 PM by ElPared.)
I too love the idea of regenerating thorns.

you know what also might be cool? If thorns could "shell" themselves or something. Like, if they could give up the ability to attack in order to gain an HP, like the bombshell in reverse.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-27-2013, 10:57 PM
(03-27-2013 04:37 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  What about thorn patches can't attack but it can inflict 1 damage to any unit that physically attacks it? So units like soldiers, heavies, and scramblers get pricked by the thorns but units like snipers and bombshells don't cuz they're attacking at a distance. That way, Bramble can't go thorn patch spamming and kill your medics and snipers.
Oh and, what was Alvendor's idea?

I like this idea A LOT. It keeps with the true spirit of brambles in nature. This is the main reason I don't go within 25 feet of any crustacean or use my brain unless its absolutely necessary.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
03-28-2013, 01:45 AM
(03-27-2013 12:52 PM)ElPared Wrote:  you know what also might be cool? If thorns could "shell" themselves or something. Like, if they could give up the ability to attack in order to gain an HP, like the bombshell in reverse.

I like the idea, but how could it be implemented? You already tap on the thorn to retract it, so what would you do to shell the thorn?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2013, 03:05 AM
It would make the bramble more complicated, but you could have the brambles spawn different types of brambles.

For example, when creating a new bramble, you could choose to spawn either a 3HP "wall" bramble, or a 2HP (or 1HP) "prickle" bramble that can attack.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16