03-20-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Le Bramble v3.1
Solider spam with wit for kill = useless vine attacks

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 09:19 AM by CombatEX.)
Seems a little excessive (since wit for kill on thorns remains) but we'll see. A nerf was warranted and this is worth trying, but I still think we should consider a slight buff against scallywags like regenerating thorns.

Either way, I applaud OML for their constant dedication to Outwitters and for listening to their players while simultaneously refraining from making hasty decisions without careful consideration.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Yup, I'm not sure how useful Brambles will be after this... I DO however find it hilarious that all my opponents using them in current matches are all of a sudden making their turns much faster now lol

I guess they're scrambling to finish the game before the patch hits.

I think a better fix would be to allow a wit for every single vine you kill, to include "children" vines when you kill the "parent".
03-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Bramble will still be a good unit Smile
03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
If you get wit return on kill, this bramble will be worse than the 3hp thorns that we had BEFORE they could attack.

Really hoping there is no wit return on kill, or bramble will not be playable anymore.
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Seems weak
03-20-2013, 11:11 AM
(03-20-2013 09:47 AM)1ucky Wrote:  If you get wit return on kill, this bramble will be worse than the 3hp thorns that we had BEFORE they could attack.

Really hoping there is no wit return on kill, or bramble will not be playable anymore.

You do realize wit for kill is right now in effect...
03-20-2013, 12:07 PM
(03-20-2013 11:11 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 09:47 AM)1ucky Wrote:  If you get wit return on kill, this bramble will be worse than the 3hp thorns that we had BEFORE they could attack.

You do realize that a soldier doesn't do 3 damage per hit? 3hp thorns means it needs 2 units or a heavy/sniper which aren't very wit efficient. Whereas soldier spamming is.

[Image: sig.png]
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
(03-20-2013 11:11 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure he does realize that. The point is that 3 hp with wit for kill is too strong, but many of us suspect 2 hp with wit for kill is too weak. 1ucky was saying that hopefully it is 2 hp without wit for kill which is in-between the two.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-20-2013, 12:42 PM
I like the idea of 2 HP thorns that go back to 2 HP at the beginning of your turn (I think this was CombatEX's idea)

at 2HP the matchup vs Scallywags will be even worse than it is now (and it's not that great now IMO) and with bonus wits for kills still enabled it sets up Bombshells to score a lot of wits for killing a bunch of thorns "directly"

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome