Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Reputation
whats the meaning of stars. as in beneath my forum name
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 04:33 PM
(03-19-2013 04:30 PM)XtreM Q Wrote:  whats the meaning of stars. as in beneath my forum name

A representation of merit, I suppose. Tongue
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 07:41 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(03-19-2013 12:23 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I'll test the warn button on TheQwertiest don't worry.Tongue

lol why me? Sad
(03-19-2013 03:02 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  It happened to me once.

me too. it looks annoying as hell.

(03-19-2013 11:38 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I have proof...Tongue

:O

(03-19-2013 12:19 PM)oneadamleft Wrote:  I think I have it working correctly now. Newbs can't rep or warn, Active Users can +1, Respected Users can +2, and Vets and mods can +3. Let me know if someone you see can't be rep'd or warned, or you can't see their numbers.

so vets can also give -3. thats too evil :O

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Neutral reps is enough to tell someone off. As I found out the hard way getting spammed with negative rating is NOT fun Tongue

Anyways fantastic changes Adam! And thanks especially for all the clan-specific changes, makes management easier

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-21-2013, 04:21 AM
(03-19-2013 09:34 AM)ElPared Wrote:  I don't mind the feature, really, but I also see it as kind of pointless. I also feel like it adds a bit of an unnecessary popularity contest to the forum which people then judge you on. It's like highschool, but on the Internet haha

I agree Tongue it's not that important but it does remind me of a popularity contest. I wonder if it is more helpful or harmful. It might have people making better posts with reputation as an incentive on the side, but it could also result in jealously as the OP suggested.As long as no one takes it too seriously I suppose it doesn't matter.
03-21-2013, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:43 AM by Harti.)
(03-19-2013 07:37 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 12:19 PM)oneadamleft Wrote:  I think I have it working correctly now. Newbs can't rep or warn, Active Users can +1, Respected Users can +2, and Vets and mods can +3. Let me know if someone you see can't be rep'd or warned, or you can't see their numbers.

so vets can also give -3. thats too evil :O

I guess you didn't mean that too seriously, but if it occurs that somebody pointlessly or exaggeratedly distributes "-3"s, just send me a PM and we'll get it sorted out.

/edit:
(03-19-2013 05:20 AM)Erenan Wrote:  There was some honestly unwarranted negative-repping going on with all the Bramble threads popping up.
Can you point me to the rep pages where that happened?

Regarding the change - I kinda like it. It requires some maturity not to abuse the system though, e.g. by "+3"ing a post that you found funny.
I'm a little sad, though, because all these "+1"s I earned over time could, in theory, have been "+2"s or "+3"s Tongue

Nah just kidding, I wasn't doing it for the rep. I guess there's more important things in life than a non-standardized, virtual representation of subjective feelings of other people in the community.
Still, you should care enough not to let the number drop below zero because that essentially means your behavior tends to be considered the one of a bad person.

And now, go update your reputation on the Map Creator! Tongue

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-21-2013, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 05:03 AM by CombatEX.)
(03-21-2013 04:38 AM)Harti Wrote:  Regarding the change - I kinda like it. It requires some maturity not to abuse the system though, e.g. by "+3"ing a post that you found funny.
I'm a little sad, though, because all these "+1"s I earned over time could, in theory, have been "+2"s or "+3"s Tongue

Nah just kidding, I wasn't doing it for the rep. I guess there's more important things in life than a non-standardized, virtual representation of subjective feelings of other people in the community.
Still, you should care enough not to let the number drop below zero because that essentially means your behavior tends to be considered the one of a bad person.

And now, go update your reputation on the Map Creator! Tongue

Haha, that exact thought occurred to me when I saw the change. "Hm, all that +1 rep could have been +2 or +3". Then I realized that I didn't really care because it's just rep. People on the forums recognize and respect (or dislike) you for your posts and other contributions, not some number. I know that I appreciate comments like the one I received from Random Task a few months ago far more than a +1.

As for giving out different rep values, I agree that it makes sense to give it out in different levels based on the action. A funny or somewhat helpful post I'll give +1 to. +3 is reserved for something truly outstanding like a replay database, map creator, or an exceptionally well thought out post.

I have, however, already seen +3 given out for next to nothing. It reminds me of ratings on OMC. I don't really care much about them because the way people assign stars or rep is often arbitrary and depends heavily on the individual giving it out. At the end of the day it is nice to see your rep go up, but the actual number isn't very important for the aforementioned reasons.

As for retroactively increasing rep I think it's a mistake (though I'm pretty sure you're mostly joking anyway =P). People may go back and up the rep on some posts but miss others they would have given more rep for had this feature been out all along. At the end of the day the total rep value isn't all that important.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]