Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure Where to Put This ?
03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Not Sure Where to Put This ?
I am introducing Outwitters to my brother, who is currently in China. He has a iPad 1, iOS 5.1.1. He created a GC ID and I have him as a friend on my GC ID.

However, when he starts Outwitters, the connection to GC is not there. He does not get the prompt screen to ask him to sign into GC.

Any suggestion ?

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: Not Sure Where to Put This ?
try logging in and out of the gc account. then restart both apps

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-17-2013, 12:58 AM
China blocks apps that it does not approve or too lazy to update approved apps. so your brother need VPN in order to play. you can buy small data plan just for iOS usage or have unlimited plans for pc and phone. some are relatively cheaper and better
03-17-2013, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 01:45 AM by Qlearn.)
(03-17-2013 12:55 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  try logging in and out of the gc account. then restart both apps
Thanks but we tried this several times already with no luck.

(03-17-2013 12:58 AM)XtreM Q Wrote:  China blocks apps that it does not approve or too lazy to update approved apps. so your brother need VPN in order to play. you can buy small data plan just for iOS usage or have unlimited plans for pc and phone. some are relatively cheaper and better

I think this might be the issue. He already has internet connection where he is staying. So you are saying he might need a specialized internet connection like VPN?

Do you know of another very simple game using GC ID that we can test this with ?

Cheers
03-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Im pretty sure of it Smile and you can download outwitters and occasionally if you try heaps of times you can access outwitters online without the need for vpn. but i recommend getting vpn if your brother is planning to stay there for long
03-17-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 11:44 AM by baopu.)
I've lived in china for 5 years. Tell him to get a VPN thru StrongVPN and all his troubles will disappear.
Also, someone downgraded my rep because I said "shit" as in poop. That's pretty lame.
Also someone downgraded my rep because I said "shit" as in poop. That's pretty lame.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
03-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Aaron always -1 reps anyone who curses on the forums.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
There should be plenty of short term (month-ish) VPN apps on the appstore, which can install a profile on your device and give you access to Outwitters (which uses some google services for the online component).
03-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Try Astrill, i think strongvpn is blocked and their privacy is not that great. Also china blocks some vpn services on app store. one way is you buy it in your country and tell him the details necessary to use vpn.
03-18-2013, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 01:03 PM by baopu.)
Astril in China is just so-so. It doesn't do well with NetFlix or ABC and NBC sites. StrongVPN is the best. I have some friends with Astril but they can't watch TV or get unfettered access like those of us with StrongVPN can. I'm not sure where Astril is based but Strong has people based globally that can help with issues so when your VPN is disabled, which it inevitably will be, StrongVPN's people are in Russia – same time zone – ready to remedy the problem. Anyway, that is my recommendation. I watch HBOGo, BTNGo, ABC, NBC, Hulu, NetFlix, ESPN Live, etc. and never have problems. I think, no matter where you live, USA or otherwise, VPNs are a wise purchase. Can't beat $55-85 for better than average anonymity.
Thanks to :!:CoryMo:!:, connor34911, and Phillip for restoring my faith in online humanity.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...