Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bramble fix - game examples included
03-18-2013, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:56 AM by joelduque.)
RE: Bramble fix - game examples included
I suggest taking away the ability to recede thorns. I consider it as killing your own units, an ability which the other teams do not currently have. Only an opponent's mobi should have the ability to mindfuck you on unit movement. Also, please fix enemy thorn in-game replay.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:55 AM by Gf!sh.)
Then I still opt for max thorn quantity. You can make a decent wall with it as well as just attack wit spaces with it, while preventing random spam. I mean, Bramble basically has two purposes:

- trolling wit/spawn spaces
- walling stuff up

If you limit either of these, i think that would make bramble even more boring to play against then it already is.

EDIT: and dat^

03-18-2013, 05:56 AM
(03-18-2013 05:50 AM)joelduque Wrote:  I suggest taking away the ability to recede thorns. I consider it as killing your own units, an ability which the other teams do not currently have.

No bramble player even has to recede thorns because with the current bramble play style, they don't have too.

If bramble had more of a sniper turtling play style, which it kind of did in older versions, then receding thorns would be great for sniper pushing.

In the bramble v3 thread I just proposed to make bramble play more as a sniper turtling strategist that he kind of was.

Also Alvender, are you up for a game with me? I want to see this in action Smile
03-18-2013, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:08 AM by Alvendor.)
(03-18-2013 05:50 AM)joelduque Wrote:  I suggest taking away the ability to recede thorns. I consider it as killing your own units, an ability which the other teams do not currently have. Only an opponent's mobi should have the ability to mindfuck you on unit movement. Also, please fix enemy thorn in-game replay.

It would make it harder to use so would fix the problem of being to powerful at lower levels.
(03-18-2013 05:54 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Then I still opt for max thorn quantity. You can make a decent wall with it as well as just attack wit spaces with it, while preventing random spam. I mean, Bramble basically has two purposes:

- trolling wit/spawn spaces
- walling stuff up

If you limit either of these, i think that would make bramble even more boring to play against then it already is.

EDIT: and dat^

Thinking a bit more about it, I kind of like it. It would play similar to my solution but would be much easier to use, especially for lower leagues. Not sure what would be a good quantity, 7?

Only problem I can see is that it is better on small maps than large ones.

(03-18-2013 05:56 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Also Alvender, are you up for a game with me? I want to see this in action Smile

Sure, invite me to a game!

Soldier spam FTW
03-18-2013, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 02:53 PM by ElPared.)
I keep saying this, but I think the best fix is to make the thorns lose 1 HP for making a child and gain one for receding them (to a max of 3 HP). This naturally limits you to 2 thorns per parent, while also making the parent more vulnerable unless you bring medics along.

The only problem I see with it is scramblers, but a scrambler would also have an easier time finding and brainwashing a parent thorn this way and could then recede hidden to end up with a 3 HP thorn, so it could work out.

Idk, what do you think Alvendor?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-18-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 03:29 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(03-13-2013 03:24 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i think 2hp thorns is viable for bramble if we remove the +1 wit per kill on thorns

i still think this is enough. it would need some testing but this solution would be easier, not overly complicated and it does not limit the special like the limit bramble thorn solution.

(03-17-2013 08:34 AM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  The bramble is fine. Just change thorn hit points to 2 and remove the wit return on kill. Done.

i do think alvendors suggestion is considerable as it would take more skill to use the bramble effectively.
but i think this would make the bramble pathetic at lower level play which in my opinion, is not the case with other specials .

take note of the words bolded. i'm merely sharing my opinion on the subject. statements above are based on personal experience and not on facts and data.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe have a limited strain length, which would support walling, and have the first bramble spawn be 3 squares instead of two. I' d like to test this out if anyone wants to try me. (I'm gifted so Tongue not the best and not the worst)

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 09:24 AM by CombatEX.)
I feel like this change may be too restrictive and limit some interesting strategies as a result (and also be too weak). I do feel that the general premise is sound though. Maybe thorns are limited to one child, but the bramble is not? This way the bramble can have multiple 'branches', but each branch can only spawn thorns from the youngest child each turn.

This would mean that each turn you can spawn one thorn directly from the bramble (starting a new 'branch') and grow any existing branches from the youngest child in the branch.

This change would greatly restrict the exponential growth of bramble thorns while maintaining the potential to harass with multiple thorns in a single turn.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Another idea would be to have barriers unable to spawn new barriers the turn they are spawned. The question kind of is whether brambles should be an offensive unit or a supportive one

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
03-20-2013, 05:33 AM
Interesting idea!

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )