Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bramble conspiracy theory
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 01:43 PM by Jaxxin....)
RE: Bramble conspiracy theory
(03-14-2013 06:44 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Of course they want to give bonuses to people who do support OML by buying items in the store. But to purposefully overpower? I doubt it. They take each update through player beta tests, and They understand what will happen with the bramble update, and I am sure OML went through different tests with the beta testers, but they wanted to see what it would do in production with the player population.

There will always be controversy with the "most powerful" units. It was that way with scallies, then once people figured out tactics with mobi, and now bramble has taken the stage. The real difficulty is finding the balance for styles of play. There is no way to find that out except in normal play.

"those beta testers would be speaking up if they felt that way."

Since almost everyone agrees that bramble is clearly op, what's up with the beta testers?? Wasn't it obvious to them like it was to everyone else after seeing one replay??

Master League Top 100 1v1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't know that bramble was what they were testing. A beta participant would have to confirm, but I think all they had access to was new maps. If not, well, it may have just been that the strategy we are seeing wasn't discovered in beta because so few people played veggie before the update.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
actually i felt that brambleV3 was kinda overpowered in the beta game but i doubted myself as most players were either master or super titan. on top of that, the beta period for bramble update werent that long, and we have limited slots. i wouldnt mind paying for extra beta slots
03-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Well, it's that Bramble's advantage diminishes at high levels, and as most of the beta team is M-ST, she went reasonably unnoticed.

Plus, we only had 10 days or-so.

03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah as Gfinch said, most of us in the Beta are Master or Supertitan level players so we only felt the slight effect of it as we know how to deal with thorns in the most efficient manner. Still it was a little bit more powerful than the other races in general. Of course saying a unit is completely balanced at high level and leaving it to wreck havoc at lower levels is not justified at all, being even slightly inefficient at killing the thorns will cause them to overpower you and being at that level perfect play is not to be expected; it creates a different metagame, and it can often be problematic no matter how balanced it seems. For example, in LoL, theres a major division between higher and lower level players on which players buy wards and which don't. Generally stealth based characters were regarded as underpowered, but at lower levels the lack of co-operation and ward buying meant stealth players could 'stomp' players of equal rating or skill. They had to remake the stealth to improve play at high levels and reduce abuseiveness at lower levels (short-stealth, ranged stealth)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-16-2013, 04:21 AM
(03-15-2013 12:43 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Yeah as Gfinch said, most of us in the Beta are Master or Supertitan level players so we only felt the slight effect of it as we know how to deal with thorns in the most efficient manner. Still it was a little bit more powerful than the other races in general. Of course saying a unit is completely balanced at high level and leaving it to wreck havoc at lower levels is not justified at all, being even slightly inefficient at killing the thorns will cause them to overpower you and being at that level perfect play is not to be expected; it creates a different metagame, and it can often be problematic no matter how balanced it seems. For example, in LoL, theres a major division between higher and lower level players on which players buy wards and which don't. Generally stealth based characters were regarded as underpowered, but at lower levels the lack of co-operation and ward buying meant stealth players could 'stomp' players of equal rating or skill. They had to remake the stealth to improve play at high levels and reduce abuseiveness at lower levels (short-stealth, ranged stealth)

Ima gettin' sick and tired of that.

03-16-2013, 04:24 AM
haha. american pie!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-16-2013, 04:25 AM
(03-16-2013 04:24 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  haha. american pie!

What's American pie?

03-16-2013, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 04:29 AM by TheQwertiest.)
its a movie. one of the main characters there is named finch

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-16-2013, 04:35 AM
(03-14-2013 01:07 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Out of wits? Sad Buy 5 extra wits for just $0.99!
You got achievement: SPAWNED A RUNNER
Unlock the powerful MOBI by asking 5 friends to send you a ticket!
Sorry, you need to wait 37:11 before playing your next game, or spend $1.99 to unlock instantly!

Garcia1000
Maybe the funniest person in Outwitters. Tongue