Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Outwitters Break List (Veggienauts 3.0)
03-15-2013, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 04:22 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Outwitters Break List (Veggienauts 3.0)
(03-15-2013 04:03 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  This is probably not the right thread for this and someone may have already proposed it, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. How about boosting the thorn cost to 2 wits for the nerf. The big problem seems to be the proliferation of thorns throughout the map, thus killing the fun. Doubling the cost cuts the amount of thorns in half (that's the extent of my math skill, and I probably got that wrong). What do you guys think?

Nah, not elegant. Every action in the game costs 1 wit, would be weird to change that.
(03-15-2013 02:19 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  How is it fine when all the top players over the past few months have switched to adorables? If it had only been for a few weeks or even a month then I wouldn't be concerned, but it has been for multiple months. Long enough that the fraction of adorable team use has exceeded that of scallywag team use on OSN. Look at all the top scallywags and feedback players. They've either suffered a drop in the rankings, switched to adorables and maintained or risen, or quit outwitters since nothing has been done.

Mmm...this is true. But, did you watch the video awpertunity posted in his bramble thread which was about "Imperfect Balance"? I think it's actually good that of all the teams to rise to the top, it was the adorables, because they are arguably the team requiring the highest level of skill. There will always be a "best team", and ideally OML should design their teams to account for this skill factor. I do not feel that adorables are unfairly advantaged over scallywags and feedback. One of the main reasons everyone is upset about the new bramble is because it requires very little skill to use. This is the important distinction, I think.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 04:26 AM by Harti.)
(03-15-2013 04:03 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I'm curious what the purpose of the beta was. (...)
So am I.
We (I) also spotted the "recede a Thorn -> Replay breaks" bug. I think they simply overlooked that. Maybe they had the Forum bug occur Tongue

As for the Bramble balancing, they maybe figured that there ought to be efficient ways to fight against the Thorn Patches, like with a Heavy army. They just did their thing and went for it, which is fair enough (every beta iteration costs another week), they'll run a couple of numbers after their server move I guess and then figure out some solution.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Second list actually haha

iPro
03-15-2013, 11:55 AM
(03-14-2013 06:51 PM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  I don't think it's the tone of your post, I think it's the overall sentiment itself. As Gonzalez said, OML has always made balance a priority and they've tried to expand their team choices to add variety for us. Then they've tweaked and tweaked to try and regain the balance that was lacking with the new team. Give them some time and some credit. Do you really think they aren't monitoring gameplay and statistics to see where Bramble needs to ultimately land for the best experience?

They were talented and smart enough to create the game in the first place, I'm not going to assume they've given up on their original intent merely two weeks into the new update.

Ah, perhaps this is the heart of the matter. I truly appreciate the hard work and dedication that OML puts into balance. I do not and have not ever doubted that they are monitoring gameplay and statistics. I understand that sometimes they need more than two weeks to update Outwitters. What befuddles me is that some people think that I don't understand these things even though I never said anything to that effect. And I hope I never implied these things, because I tried very hard not to.

I'm willing to give credit where credit is due, and these guys deserve a whole lot of credit. However, I didn't give them credit in my post because credit was irrelevant. (There are numerous posts lauding OML's work, and rightfully so.) The post was not about the Bramble itself, but about the aftermath of the Bramble change. I was not criticizing, condemning, opposing, or antagonizing Adam and Alex in any way and I have yet to complain about the Bramble in any of my posts.

The fact of the matter is that there are people who are taking a break from the game because of the Bramble. This is a hard fact, not an opinion. It is objective reality, not subjective whining.

(03-15-2013 01:15 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  Hey exzachtlee (actually I wonder if your name is something has zack n last name lee)...
Joking aside...

Actually, it's not a joke. My name is srsly Zach Lee. That's exzachtlee why I chose this name Big Grin

(03-15-2013 01:15 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  There has been enough grief about the new update, a&a are two great guys they continuously support the game play, n I personally would like to see something more positive from the community.

For example, since you asked
1. Why is there a need to know how many people are striking? Does that serve any purposes in terms of your own game play experience? If your goal is to understand who's still willing to play,
2. Instead of having the strike list, can have a "welcome friendly" list so people still know who would like to play, and for those who don't, they don't and its their loss.

N keep it short lol
That's just personal preference

That aside, I think you are doing a good job following up n clarifying yourself to make sure you are understood Smile

Now on my way to Super-Titan Super-Titan Super-Titan lol

I agree with you about Adam and Alex and my intention never was to give them any grief. And I'm pretty sure that a thread whose purpose is to gather definite statistics would not give them any more grief than any other statistics. I certainly like to see positive feedback and I believe that my post was absolutely not negative. (Yes, double negative usage right there, but it's precisely what I mean.)

1. No, in no way does this affect my gameplay experience. I never intended it to and I'm pretty sure that if anyone had to condense the purpose of the forums into a single aim, it would not be to affect players' gameplay experiences. The forums do that sometimes, but there are many times where it doesn't, like the Poppycock section or the New Character Ideas thread. I'm not going to read about someone's idea for a ninja team and enjoy the game more or change the way I construct my attack on the enemy's base because of it.
2. There's already a thread for people who are looking for friendly games. No need to clutter the forums with redundant threads. That's why this one has a specific purpose.

I apologize for my lengthy posts. I try to keep them concise, but I also keep in mind the fact that the less I write, the more my words can be misconstrued. If I can flesh out my ideas and truly communicate them, I believe that I will significantly lessen the chances of being misunderstood. Also, I have no idea how to write less without imparting less information as it is right now. Got any suggestions for keeping it short and simple without losing meaning?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying! Tongue

I wish you luck in your journey to become a Super-Titan!

exzachtlee
03-15-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 12:49 PM by GoHeat 3.)
I haven't been starting games for a few reasons:
A)I'm burnt out
B) I don't know whether to choose between Adorables or Veggies. These last few months have been an easy choice but now I have options!?Tongue

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
(03-15-2013 11:55 AM)Exzachtlee Wrote:  Actually, it's not a joke. My name is srsly Zach Lee. That's exzachtlee why I chose this name Big Grin

Oops sorry, didn't mean to make fun of it, don't take it personal, I thought that's pretty cool n even meditate about it lol

Halo Zach Smile

Have you heard, " less is more"?
That's the beauty!

I am still in a long journey to Super-Titan but it will be fun!