Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Though I Loved This Game, I Quit
03-13-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Even Though I Loved This Game, I Quit
(03-13-2013 11:20 AM)Bulby37 Wrote:  As frustrating as it is to see the team that used to be the laughingstock in the ow locker room has hit his growth spurt and sprouted a lil peach fuzz on his chin, take this challenge head on. I know bramble pushed ya down, you cut your knee on a thorn, get back on the field, rub some dirt on it, PUT ON YOUR WAR FACE, friend! People thought the 07 Patriots were OP, Eli Manning proved them wrong! Channel your inner lil brother, catch that pass on your helmet, and HIT THAT BRAMBLE WITH ALL YOU GOT!

Just because this is the most accurate thing I've read on a "I'm qutting" thread because of the new Bramble

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
(03-13-2013 05:43 AM)chommie Wrote:  Its a tedious chore. It makes playing an Outwitters game similar to doing your taxes. Its a pain and worse, BORING.

How is playing against a bombshell turtler any less boring?
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yj6-LAww

What about thorn gulley?

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
SPW, your opponent left his weak side totally undefended, which you can't do against a mobi. That was his mistake. If he has either taken a little longer to build up defenses on that side or created the bramble on that side and played well, I think you would have been in trouble.
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
IF he did build some defense, I would've backed off a little and adjusted accordingly. I didn't let him, which is the point. I kept the pressure on.

We could talk for hours about what could've happened, or we could just actually play the game.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
(03-13-2013 12:03 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  IF he did build some defense, I would've backed off a little and adjusted accordingly. I didn't let him, which is the point. I kept the pressure on.

We could talk for hours about what could've happened, or we could just actually play the game.

Lol, true.
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 12:24 PM by Coolio.)
(03-13-2013 11:30 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 11:20 AM)Bulby37 Wrote:  As frustrating as it is to see the team that used to be the laughingstock in the ow locker room has hit his growth spurt and sprouted a lil peach fuzz on his chin, take this challenge head on. I know bramble pushed ya down, you cut your knee on a thorn, get back on the field, rub some dirt on it, PUT ON YOUR WAR FACE, friend! People thought the 07 Patriots were OP, Eli Manning proved them wrong! Channel your inner lil brother, catch that pass on your helmet, and HIT THAT BRAMBLE WITH ALL YOU GOT!

Just because this is the most accurate thing I've read on a "I'm qutting" thread because of the new Bramble

True.
(03-13-2013 11:44 AM)$tugot$ Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 05:43 AM)chommie Wrote:  Its a tedious chore. It makes playing an Outwitters game similar to doing your taxes. Its a pain and worse, BORING.

And exactly what I thought. I am in a guy who has 3 turtles and now there's nothing I can do. I would much rather be playing a bramble game now.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
(03-13-2013 02:52 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I don't think quitting the game outright is the proper response to an update you don't like. I know you've somewhat recanted above, but I'm speaking to others who have had the same or similar reaction. OML has been incredibly generous with their fan support, first by developing a game which did not sell-out with microtransactions and ads, instead giving us great game content, for almost no money. They've worked hard to fix balance issues in the past, giving quite a lot of deference to the preferences of this community. Why abandon ship now, when this change was merely one step along the path to a perfectly balanced game? It's not fair to OML; they do not deserve such a fickle fan response.

Well, while i also struggle to embrace the new bramble and think it needs further adjustment to reach a bramble 2.5 in terms of strength i at the same time fully agree with your post GG!

Happy to realise that the original poster also has discovered friendlies as a way to soften his extreme initial statement.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
guys, the Bramble was never intended to be fun to play against. The very nature of what it does, from the get-go, has been un-fun. It's a unit that has always been designed to control where you can go and what you can do. Now it is good at its job and people are realizing they hate the strategy it uses.

I say too bad. It works the way it was intended now, and we'll just have to get used to it.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-15-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 04:55 AM by chommie.)
(03-13-2013 11:44 AM)$tugot$ Wrote:  

Its a lot less boring and a lot less monotonous. Personally i feel that cracking the protective ring around the bombshell is a lot more interesting then playing whack a mole with 3hp brambles that require so much of my wit/resources to contend with. You can stall with brambles. You can stop most opponent strategies in their tracks with brambles. You can control so much more of the board with brambles. You can control the pace of the match with brambles, lock off parts of the map or easily protect certain areas of the map. All of this with minimal effort and strategizing.

Abusing brambles is also a lot easier for a less skilled player to use then a bombshell turtler imo. One slip up by a bombshell turtler and you can slip into the protective ring and bombshell is done. Power turns are also something a bombshell turtler always has too keep in mind. While yes i admit it painful to deal with a bombshell turtler there is still a large amount of varied gameplay that goes on. With brambles its always the same ole same ole.

Im sure some people aren't bothered by it and thats fine, i just dont find the game as fun because of it Sad