Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Though I Loved This Game, I Quit
03-13-2013, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 03:22 AM by $tugot$.)
RE: Even Though I Loved This Game, I Quit
Long answer:
Theyre not overpowered, how can anyone argue that the thorns are OP but bombshells with massive aoe dmg with capacity to generate additional wits per turn arent?

I was an original veggie player who stuck with them, knowing full well the handicap against adorables and scallys out of the gate, and now i can actually turn tables on them rather than lose every game to attrition...and yea ive never not been on the top 100 list

Short answer: Learn to Play
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 05:36 AM
(03-13-2013 03:21 AM)$tugot$ Wrote:  Long answer:
Theyre not overpowered, how can anyone argue that the thorns are OP but bombshells with massive aoe dmg with capacity to generate additional wits per turn arent?

I was an original veggie player who stuck with them, knowing full well the handicap against adorables and scallys out of the gate, and now i can actually turn tables on them rather than lose every game to attrition...and yea ive never not been on the top 100 list

Short answer: Learn to Play

Little biased dont you think?

iPro
03-13-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 05:47 AM by chommie.)
Wether brambles are overpowered or not is irrelevant. I think we should be discussing how painful and boring playing against a Veggienauts player who spams brambles all game is.

Its a tedious chore. It makes playing an Outwitters game similar to doing your taxes. Its a pain and worse, BORING. I stopped playing outwitters shortly after Veggienauts initially came out, and i felt Veggienauts 1.0 was underpowered. It just instantly became uninteresting.

Now with the most recent changes it seems that its an easy tactics to use and win with, compared to having to win with the other factions by relying more on strategy To be fair i havent played the last two patches much at all so i could be wrong in my most recent observations. I tried, was just instantly reminded of why i stopped playing in the first place.

The bramble mechanic goes against the spirit of outwitters imo(seriously clashes IMO).

Pre Brambles Outwitters was elegant well thought out design. Fast moving turnbased strategy. Simple set of rules combining to create deep deep strategy. Brilliant stuff.

Now i feel its handicapped... sigh.
03-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Sorry, no sympathy towards your decision to quit. Bramble had to be buffed, it was to weak. The buff was much stronger than expected (although it was exactly what people asked for, Thorns being able to attack), and now people are discussing ways to get Bramble back down without killing it again. That's how balance works. There won't be one perfect patch and BAM everything is in complete balance and harmony, no team is stronger than the others, etc.

Balance is always a fluctuating thing. You quit because it went wrong once? I don't understand it. Sit the crysis out by either playing bramble yourself or playing friendlies, because you will be missed if you quit entirely Wink
03-13-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 05:54 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(03-13-2013 03:17 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  I say nerfing the bramble is the only way to go.
Perhaps keep the retractable thorns and take away the ability to attack? Basically it isn't fun to play bramble on the receiving end. I have lost and won games already because the bramble is extremely forgiving to mistakes and therefore easy to use for all leagues, which isn't reflecting skill levels very well.

I totally disagree. Any error and you're dead cuz you have unit count disadvantage. All bramble I have beaten did tiny errors, letting me space to kill bramble. SPW did two errors and he couldn't defend well after that, I knew he was about to loose.

Tugot exagerates a bit, but I understand him. Isn't scrambler extremely powerful on small maps? What about mobi on thorn gulley or long nine? And I don't even talk about bombshell, which is a very strong defense (and boring as hell imo) unit. If you stop to do the mainstream starts, think a bit, do what is appropriated, bramble is as weak as other special, if not more.

It really is too easy to say something which is finally able to compete is overpowered. Wonder about your own skills, vary your strategy.
"You" is adressed to everyone complaining, not you particulary willy Smile You're a very skilled player, you CAN deal with it. Or play friendlies!! But don't quit, it's not the solution.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-13-2013, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 07:36 AM by GoHeat 3.)
You've spent 2 days on the forums!? You are crazy! How could you spend so much time on one website!?:0
Wink

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
(03-13-2013 05:47 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 03:17 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  I say nerfing the bramble is the only way to go.
Perhaps keep the retractable thorns and take away the ability to attack? Basically it isn't fun to play bramble on the receiving end. I have lost and won games already because the bramble is extremely forgiving to mistakes and therefore easy to use for all leagues, which isn't reflecting skill levels very well.

I totally disagree. Any error and you're dead cuz you have unit count disadvantage. All bramble I have beaten did tiny errors, letting me space to kill bramble. SPW did two errors and he couldn't defend well after that, I knew he was about to loose.

Tugot exagerates a bit, but I understand him. Isn't scrambler extremely powerful on small maps? What about mobi on thorn gulley or long nine? And I don't even talk about bombshell, which is a very strong defense (and boring as hell imo) unit. If you stop to do the mainstream starts, think a bit, do what is appropriated, bramble is as weak as other special, if not more.

It really is too easy to say something which is finally able to compete is overpowered. Wonder about your own skills, vary your strategy.
"You" is adressed to everyone complaining, not you particulary willy Smile You're a very skilled player, you CAN deal with it. Or play friendlies!! But don't quit, it's not the solution.
I would say bramble is now impossible to stop on thorn gulley if used correctly. Don't challenge me, I'm not used to bramble, but I've seen that when used well on a map like thorn gulley, bramble is easily superior to mobi at this point.
03-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Bombshells on TG placed on the protrusions to the holes are deadly it's the reason why I hate that map now. It's useless even using the bramble.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
(03-13-2013 08:31 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Bombshells on TG placed on the protrusions to the holes are deadly it's the reason why I hate that map now. It's useless even using the bramble.
If they have spent that many wits to set up a bombshell there rush the other side of the map.
03-13-2013, 11:20 AM
As frustrating as it is to see the team that used to be the laughingstock in the ow locker room has hit his growth spurt and sprouted a lil peach fuzz on his chin, take this challenge head on. I know bramble pushed ya down, you cut your knee on a thorn, get back on the field, rub some dirt on it, PUT ON YOUR WAR FACE, friend! People thought the 07 Patriots were OP, Eli Manning proved them wrong! Channel your inner lil brother, catch that pass on your helmet, and HIT THAT BRAMBLE WITH ALL YOU GOT!

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]