Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions
07-09-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Suggestions
Is this a thread for any suggestions, or just ideas regarding the OP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
It seems that this thread could serve as a general suggestion thread (Harti seemed to think that's what it was anyway), but in that case the TC should edit the original post to clarify.
07-09-2012, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:01 AM by Kyoril.)
Ok then. Now I know where to come once I've organized my ideas into an understandable form. Thanks.
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
(07-09-2012 09:34 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  Is this a thread for any suggestions, or just ideas regarding the OP?

Sure, I wouldn't mind. Actually I would like to hear suggestions from other people too, but not "kick afk players" because EVERYONE yaks about that
07-09-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:22 AM by Kyoril.)
(07-09-2012 10:13 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 09:34 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  Is this a thread for any suggestions, or just ideas regarding the OP?

Sure, I wouldn't mind. Actually I would like to hear suggestions from other people too, but not "kick afk players" because EVERYONE yaks about that

Smile I've only been here about an hour, but I have to agree with both you and them. But thats all I'll say on that subject.

Anyway, what about a unit that could traverse pits and possibly the outside of the board? Not a special, just a generic unit for every side.
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM
(07-09-2012 10:20 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:13 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  

Smile I've only been here about an hour, but I have to agree with both you and them. But thats all I'll say on that subject.

Anyway, what about a unit that could traverse pits and possibly the outside of the board? Not a special, just a generic unit for every side.

Like..a flying unit? Would it be able to fly over walls? And if it could exit the border, couldn't it just camp outside it's opponents base and beat down on it? Although it does sound like a great idea Smile
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 11:26 AM by Kyoril.)
(07-09-2012 10:35 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Like..a flying unit? Would it be able to fly over walls? And if it could exit the border, couldn't it just camp outside it's opponents base and beat down on it? Although it does sound like a great idea Smile

Yeah, I was thinking a flier. I hadn't thought about walls, perhaps those should block them. Obviously you'd have to take precautions against these guys beating down your base from behind; a Sniper or two near your base, or maybe a bomber if you've got the wits and are playing scallywags. And I'd imagine units on the edges of boards could hit them, so maybe have a few runners near the outside would do.
07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
(07-09-2012 11:24 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:35 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Like..a flying unit? Would it be able to fly over walls? And if it could exit the border, couldn't it just camp outside it's opponents base and beat down on it? Although it does sound like a great idea Smile

Yeah, I was thinking a flier. I hadn't thought about walls, perhaps those should block them. Obviously you'd have to take precautions against these guys beating down your base from behind; a Sniper or two near your base, or maybe a bomber if you've got the wits and are playing scallywags. And I'd imagine units on the edges of boards could hit them, so maybe have a few runners near the outside would do.

Wow, that sounds like alot of trouble if your scared of fliers.
07-09-2012, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 11:41 AM by Kyoril.)
(07-09-2012 11:28 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like alot of trouble if your scared of fliers.

Yeah, but it'd definitely keep them at bay. Tongue

Another idea for a special I came up with; a unit with the ability to hide itself completely from the enemy. I was thinking that it should probably cost wits to stay hidden for any length of time, and that the unit should be revealed if moved next to. Any thoughts?
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
(07-09-2012 11:39 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 11:28 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like alot of trouble if your scared of fliers.

Yeah, but it'd definitely keep them at bay. Tongue

Another idea for a special I came up with; a unit with the ability to hide itself completely from the enemy. I was thinking that it should probably cost wits to stay hidden for any length of time, and that the unit should be revealed if moved next to. Any thoughts?

Good idea! It would help in thwarting out snipers, and not too overpowered because if you can see all the enemies units and spawns, and the hidden thing shows up in top right, you know it will be coming.