03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Yet another bramble thread
4 wits spent? I thought it was:
Spawn: -2
Move: -1
Attack: -1
Kill: +1
Total: 3 wits spent

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 11:17 AM by connor34911.)
(03-13-2013 11:12 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  4 wits spent? I thought it was:
Spawn: -2
Move: -1
Attack: -1
Kill: +1
Total: 3 wits spent

Proposed change was to take away the wit for kill.
The more I think about it, the more I think many things need to be considered. Other options are 2 hp thorns, no wit for kill, cost to root the bramble, cost to retract thorns etc. Im not saying all these should be changed but they can all be considered.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
(03-13-2013 11:14 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Proposed change was to take away the wit for kill.
The more I think about it, the more I think many things need to be considered. Other options are 2 hp thorns, no wit for kill, cost to root the bramble, cost to retract thorns etc. Im not saying all these should be changed but they can all be considered.

Don't you think not having a wit for kill on thorns would make Veggienauts incredibly wit inefficient? I mean DRASTICALLY inefficient. That nerf is definitely one that should not even be considered imo.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-13-2013, 12:05 PM
(03-13-2013 11:41 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 11:14 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Proposed change was to take away the wit for kill.

Don't you think not having a wit for kill on thorns would make Veggienauts incredibly wit inefficient? I mean DRASTICALLY inefficient. That nerf is definitely one that should not even be considered imo.

Dude, you do realize that bramble can basically create 3 HP runners for one wit, right?
03-13-2013, 12:09 PM
3 wits because you'd need to make 3 thorn patches to get 5-6 spaces away from Bramble

03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
(03-13-2013 12:09 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  3 wits because you'd need to make 3 thorn patches to get 5-6 spaces away from Bramble

It doesn't matter how far away you are from the bramble.. When you have a multitude of thorns hey can still act like runners.
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
I meant that you'd have to make a chain of thorn patches that cost 3 wits in total to grow at least five spaces cuz the thorn patches can only grow 2 spaces away from its parents.

03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
(03-13-2013 11:41 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  

You arent understanding what I'm saying. I mean take away the wit the OPPONENT gets for killing a thorn patch. This would buff veggies.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
I like the following ideas that have been mentioned:

- get ride of receding ability
- +1 wit for all children killed

I think this would make bramble harder to use, dealing with the claim that they are just too easy to play now. You'd need to plan thorn placement or risk blocking your path, I liked this with the old bramble as it forced good planning and not just mindless spamming. And wits for killing children would make straight thorn spam dangerous, cause your opponent could convert all the spam into wits. I was excited with the +1 wit for thorn kills was implemented as I thought this was how it would work.

I can deal with changes shaking things up, and sometimes creating periods of OP, but the heart of outwitters is strategy and introducing changes that allow for mindless strategies breaks this beautiful model...

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
03-13-2013, 10:53 PM
How about making it so that the Thorn Patch is an actual barrier that Veggie players can't move through. They would still be able to attack and see around them because of there 2 hex vision but they would have to be a lot more strategic about placing them so they block their own way. The Bramble is "suppose" to be a barrier spawn unit. Or atleast that was my first impression

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]