Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New bramble say what!!
03-11-2013, 02:47 AM
RE: New bramble say what!!
(03-11-2013 02:40 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  I think the deal is because people refuse to use heavies. In all my games, the ones where I have the most trouble is against the people who get smart and spawn heavies. Snipers don't work anymore guys!

Yea that is the best option. But if you are smart you will still win easily on larger maps.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Yay, I agree. Now heavies are far more useful.
03-11-2013, 02:54 AM
(03-11-2013 02:46 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 02:13 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  How bout a limit for the distance Mobi can teleport units from? Mobi right now has infinite range.

Mobi can only move 3 spaces. Bramble can stay on the same space the whole game and cover the whole map with thorn patches.

And now actually READ my line...

03-11-2013, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 03:21 AM by Piko.)
@Gf!sh - actually, Bramble need nerf while the Mobi doesn't, so I think it's nothing bad by giving them range limit, while other ones haven't.

Btw, what about giving them a limit of regrowing? Like Bramble can grow children, this children can grow grandchildren, and this grandchildren can grow grand-grandchildren, which can't grow another one? Or if a thorn would perform an action, all other ones of its' close family (parents, children and maybe siblings) couldn't act?
Anyway I still think if rooting/unrooting/removing thorns would cost 1 wit, and regrowing through holes would be impossible, it would be good. Only I see the Brambles as a pretty strong but defeatable units, and not as some OP immortal annihilators?
03-11-2013, 03:19 AM
(03-11-2013 03:16 AM)Piko Wrote:  @Gf!sh - actually, Bramble need nerf while the Mobi doesn't, so I think it's nothing bad by giving them range limit, while other ones haven't.

Btw, what about giving them a limit of regrowing? Like Bramble can grew children, this children can grow grandchildren, and this grandchildren can grow grand-grandchildren, which can't grow another one? But I still think if rooting/unrooting/removing thorns would cost 1 wit, and regrowing through holes would be impossible, it would be good. Only I see the Brambles as a pretty strong but defeatable units, and not as some OP immortal annihilators?

Best idea IMO.

So bramble can only have great grandchildren would be a reasonable nerf. He would be like the bombshell- ranged
03-11-2013, 03:23 AM
(03-11-2013 02:54 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 02:46 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 02:13 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  How bout a limit for the distance Mobi can teleport units from? Mobi right now has infinite range.

Mobi can only move 3 spaces. Bramble can stay on the same space the whole game and cover the whole map with thorn patches.

And now actually READ my line...

I was trying to say Mobi would still have to move 3 spaces at a time to get to where it needs to and THEN teleport any ONE unit to itself.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-11-2013, 04:52 AM
(03-11-2013 02:40 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  I think the deal is because people refuse to use heavies. In all my games, the ones where I have the most trouble is against the people who get smart and spawn heavies. Snipers don't work anymore guys!

Heavies seem like a good short term strategy - but even then, their limited range and expensive wit cost make it difficult to properly counter thorns.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks veggies are OP now. It means that in most games now it's about trying to kill thorns, so it's a tad repetitive.
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
There's nothing a Veggienauts player can do against masses of Heavies. I do agree though that this isn't the most viable strategy, especially on 2-spawn maps where the wit income is 7. You can't really defend the second spawn while you're spawning a Heavy on the other and are going to lose a lot of time in terms of unit positioning as you aren't even supposed to move your Heavy away from the spawn space...

As I posted earlier on the beta forums I feel that the option of Soldiers OHKOing Thorn Patches sounds good enough of a fix. However, that'll once again make the Bramble vulnerable to Soldier spam a lot, and as they're something like the metagame unit, there should be a re-buff afterwards, which is the opponent doesn't receive +1 wit for destroying them. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-11-2013, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 06:04 AM by BuzzleBee123.)
I don't really think this thread is actually helping anyone really... All anyone is doing here is discussing how they plan to make the Veggienauts useless again because they don't wish to adapt to the v3 Bramble. All I'm saying is maybe you should spend a little more time making new strategies instead of coming on here and complaining they are too OP for your outdated tactics...
Also I suggest you all take a look at the "Bramble v3" thread and look at some of the games by Ser Purple Wolf, IaYahooz, and uvafan in order to develop your new strategies.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-11-2013, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 07:02 AM by Mustafa.69.)
Whenever i play and someone uses the bramble makes me wanna quit, but I will loose points. So I fight the un-winnable fight
They should make each branch be worth 2 wits and 2 HP. That would be fair