Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New bramble say what!!
03-10-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 07:34 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: New bramble say what!!
(03-10-2013 07:26 AM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  This Bramble is making the game very boring imo. It needs to be changed.
Not only because its OP, but because I rarely see Veggies build anything besides thorns once they stabilize. The map becomes only thorns, and you are forced to build only heavies because snipers/medics are immediately killed.

You have to prevent it from the beginning. Heavies will become more popular, and I like that! Look my two replay in the bramble V3 thread: my opponent didn't play perfectly, but they didn't manage to make the map only thorny!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 07:44 AM
(03-10-2013 07:34 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 07:26 AM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  This Bramble is making the game very boring imo. It needs to be changed.
Not only because its OP, but because I rarely see Veggies build anything besides thorns once they stabilize. The map becomes only thorns, and you are forced to build only heavies because snipers/medics are immediately killed.

You have to prevent it from the beginning. Heavies will become more popular, and I like that! Look my two replay in the bramble V3 thread: my opponent didn't play perfectly, but they didn't manage to make the map only thorny!

Agreed.
Your game vs SPW does show that you am gain initiative against veggies early.
3 heavies with safe medics are a good counter. Also playing as feedback or adorables, you can get ahead early meaning it might not even come out.

Also I find veggies a blast to play now!
03-10-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:29 AM by ElPared.)
yeah I'm wavering between thinking they're OP and thinking they're balanced. I just realized I feel the same way about the Bombshell, actually, which means BS is OP as well, or Veggies are finally balanced.

I think we just don't know how to play the new Veggies yet and we need some time to come up with good counters for them.

They're also incredibly popular now. I keep running into Veggies vs Veggies mirrors, and even my Adorables and Feedback games are mostly against Veggienauts players now. Also in 3 of my 2vs2 games 3 or more of the players are Veggies. Just an observation. Maybe we need to wait for the hype to die down lol

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-10-2013, 10:41 AM
They'll get nerfed. No doubt. It's just a matter of how and how hard.
Retraction and uprooting will cost a wit.
Movement of 4 may be dropped back to 2.

HP -->2 ?
Limit of attacks to once/bramble?? (probably a design nightmare, even if balanced).

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Bramble has always been able to move four spaces. Movement of two won't really matter because bramble isn't going to go anywhere once it's rooted. The thorns patches should go back to two hp. Or do something to make Bramble more expensive to use.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Making it cost a wit to retract won't solve anything. Veggienauts are very strong even without using the retraction mechanic at all. Even if you took away the ability to retract entirely it wouldn't help much. The main problem is that the best counter to thorns is now also very susceptible to them (the sniper). Heavies seem like they could work, but in practice it does not. Why? Because thorns have great reach so you can spawn them all across the board but heavies are too slow to deal with them all. If your opponent spawns a heavy to defend one area, just use your thorns to harass another. Heavies are expensive so your opponent will be hard pressed to get heavies everywhere they need to to defend. Boosted soldiers with snipers behind are probably the best bet, or bombshell if you are scallywags. Still, it's hard to get soldiers out quickly enough to deal with all the thorns (note, I don't mean that you should be seeking to kill thorns with your soldiers, but rather that the soldiers should act as a buffer to keep your snipers from the thorns).

2 hp thorn patches are worth a shot. While we're talking about testing changes, I think we should also try a slight buff for Feedback. Perhaps scrambled units take 1 damage instead of going to 1 health? Or some people have even suggested not losing any health at all though this might be too strong. I also think something needs to be done about Adorables but it's not as straightforward how to fix it.

Before the +1 wit patch Scallywags seemed favored over Adorables, but Adorables could still compete (we had players like poweewee up there after all). However now days there are NO scallywags players competing at the top and very few Feedback. Veggienauts have the spotlight at the moment, but we shouldn't forget about Adorables. (This is kind of a side note, but it's interesting to see that Adorable usage on OSN has surpassed Scallywags usage by quite a margin despite Scallywags being the free team).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 03:44 PM by Mrdemaria.)
The game is wack now. I will not play it until they fix this crap. You took a great game and f'd it up. Whatever, I will go on to greener pastures. I'm done for real. The bramble super power ruined it for me. Thats why I registered so I could tell the developers they truly ruined it, so bad I cannot play ANY more until it is reverted back.
With this bramble super power, they can keep this wack a game. All i do now is fight bushes. Corny.
03-10-2013, 04:23 PM
You sound mad!
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Combat: I like the idea of 1 damage for a scrambled unit!

But, it feels like, the buff of bramble buffed the scrambler too ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-10-2013, 06:17 PM
(03-10-2013 05:53 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Combat: I like the idea of 1 damage for a scrambled unit!

But, it feels like, the buff of bramble buffed the scrambler too ^^

Exactly that. There's a thread calling for a scrambler buff when in fact it has already happened. With every veggies player racing to fill the board with thorns, they can't possibly avoid scramblers.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;