Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alex, read this. :)
03-09-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 09:54 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Alex, read this. :)
Hey alex

I've sent you three pm's, you answered to only one.

First time, it was some month ago, when I asked you if it was possible to change my username, since the qwertiest was able to. You told me only mods could so, and then I wondered if you could do it for me? No answer. But it didn't matter at all, I thought you simply overread my message and forgot about it. A nickname isn't important.

Around two weeks ago, I read your thread "need help filling up your tourney?" and thus asked you if you could promote my tourney "the elite chapionship". You didn't EVEN answer. I canceled it after, since it got unnoticed because top 200 are already in quite a lot of contest, but it's not the problem here. If you (actually it was adam, but I don't see what it changes) open a thread to say you can help, do help, don't ignore. If you didn't want to showcase, just tell it, it's totally fine.

As busy as you are and as awesome developer as you are, it's still quite unpolite not to answer, especially when YOU say you can help. It's not as if I sent a bunch of useless Pm's like "hey can you make me beta tester" or "gimme my hidden rating skills", I write properly, politely and sent you only three PM's since I know this forum.

No offense, but I never understood people who are not answering to normal and useful messages, especially when their answer are important. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: Alex, read this. :)
User CP>Your Profile>Change Username.

You're welcome.

03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
(03-09-2013 10:10 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  User CP>Your Profile>Change Username.

You're welcome.

that only works for mods.. wicked said it in the post above..

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Then i don't see why it's in the user cp.

03-09-2013, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 10:17 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(03-09-2013 09:51 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  First time, it was some month ago, when I asked you if it was possible to change my username, since the qwertiest was able to. You told me only mods could so, and then I

(03-09-2013 10:12 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Then i don't see why it's in the user cp.

cause mod cp is for mod specific controls.
would be pointless to put it in Mod cp if you cant edit other peoples user names.

Anonymous Clan
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
That doesn't answer my question.

HAVE TO WAIT 14 MORE SECONDS AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Anyways, I think they were just busy with the 1.6 update.

03-09-2013, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 10:29 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i think this would be more effective if it was posted when alex or adam is actually online..
this will get bumped down before any of them comes

Anonymous Clan
03-09-2013, 10:42 PM
RANDOM SUGGESTION ALERT

Include GC names in profiles.

03-09-2013, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 11:13 PM by Harti.)
(03-09-2013 10:42 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  RANDOM SUGGESTION ALERT

Include GC names in profiles.
You could program a plugin that creates a user profile field for that. Forum software is myBB, feel free to look up a few tutorials. Cool
Ah, and I probably should add that I understand your frustration Wicked, totally been through the same thing really. The situation isn't very different for beta testers or developer people like CodePenguin or myself, we are all facing mostly equal circumstances.

I do think that community management and professional forum administration belong to the whole process of creating and maintaining a community. While OML certainly does a good job responding to the forum by pushing updates to the app or implementing the 2v2 toplists, there could surely enough be some little improvement towards their overall communication policy. That is from a forum member's point of view.

From their point of view, I think that they're doing quite the right thing really. Responding takes quite a lot of time and even if they only responded to "serious" requests, they'd be spending at least one hour per day answering PMs and Emails. An hour basically wasting time that could've been put into things that make the cash box go ca-ching.
By simply not responding, they also don't get theirselves involved in annoying discussions about FTA, team imbalance or other things affecting gameplay. The only posts you will read are either inquiries to some bug reports or clarifications for a horde of upset advanced players having a good point (to avoid them getting more upset and ragequitting).

At the end of the day I still think there should have been more communication, the situation as a whole had me upset quite a few times I guess, but even my respective overreactions have been unanswered.
So the other day I just stopped worrying about things like that and noticed that all these discussions are probably not in the developers' interest, they just want to be professional and earn a living basically after all.
As a consequence, all my enthusiasm regarding Outwitters gradually ceased to exist which brings me to the present. I would just stick around a little and see how things evolve but I probably wouldn't be getting myself into hard theorycrafting anymore. And suddenly, things work out for me this way and I'm okay with their communication policy because I started giving a sh*t Angel

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]