Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
03-09-2013, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:50 AM by connor34911.)
RE: Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
Dude just buy the uber pack. It's really inexpensive and with the 20-35 game limit you won't get bored. Delaying losses actually hurts the person doing it and its kind of a noob move. But this is what happens when you first start the game and are plying against others who have just started too.
Oh also just as a tip: DO NOT PLAY 2v2 RANDOM if you only have five games. It moves really slowly.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Welp, one game finished in the last 5 hours, still waiting on someone to do one move in the others Sad. Can't wait to get out of clever
03-09-2013, 05:34 AM
hey batman michael jordan. i suggest you purchase the über pack. it unlocks all the current and future teams and 1st gen maps. it also increases your gamelimit to 20.

i used to play like that. i wait for my opponents to make a move and want to play lots of games.
but as i got higher i saw that i perform better when i have less games going.
and i also get burnouts whenever i play too much.

now i only have 5 games going at all times. 3 1v1 league games and 2 2v2 league games.
and i usually only play at specific times in a day. like before going to sleep and a few hours after waking up.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 05:38 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
BMJ, many players have daytime occupations and play only in the evening in their time zone or morning + evening. In between they cant play. I am, one of them. I have between 10 and 15 games running at a time and sometimes I play with a partner who is online at the same time and it goes back and forth. In the other games i usually can play a turn once, max twice a day in each game and have to wait for my turn in between.

Really, buy something in the shop to increase your game limit or search for somebody in the forum who wants to play a full game with you at a time when you are available.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
03-09-2013, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 05:40 AM by TheQwertiest.)
suggestion:
dont start playing 2v2 atleast until you get to gifted. (so youll have a better understanding of the game) or if you have a higher game limit.
2v2 takes way longer than 1v1. so only play 2v2 if you have slots to spare.
Random task is right. you can ask someone from the forum to play a blitz game with you.
blitz = you play your turn immediately when you get it.
its fun cause you get to play a whole straight game.
you can challenge Uvanfan. the current king of the hill. when he's accepting challengers it means he has free time and can play blitz

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 05:50 AM by Ja Karta.)
I think I could count on one hand the number of times that's happened to me from any player ranked clever or above ...if I could remember them at all. I've played well over 100 games.

Unranked players, and very rarely fluffy players (in friendlies anyway) will stop playing. Though they quit as often as they stop.

I think you just had bad luck. I've certainly never had the problem with players in Gifted or Masters doing it. You just win after 4 days anyway so there's no real point since most players have more slots than games.

I often find people in gifted/masters where we can finish a game in a couple hours though.
(If you like really fast paced games, get an irl friend or make friends with someone in league who played quickly. Do friendlies with them. Great for when you have an itch Smile )

(03-09-2013 05:36 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  dont start playing 2v2 atleast until you get to gifted.
2v2 takes way longer than 1v1. so only play 2v2 if you have slots to spare.

Yeah, I don't recommend 2v2 unless you've got more than 5 slots. Those games are *much* slower.

My own experience is also that playing with random players isn't much fun. I really enjoy playing with irl friends or just players I met playing 1v1 league games. (Don't forget you can chat with people after a good game!)

Playing random 2v2 can be... frustrating. Smile I'd save that for after you have free slots, a sense of what you're doing, and willingness to slog through the lower ranks. (I imagine random is much more fun when you're paired with other players that know what they're doing Smile )

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-09-2013, 08:00 AM
If you're serious about moving up the leagues to gifted / masters etc then buy the Uber pack - as well as giving you those extra slots it unlocks all the other teams.

Then play all those teams in friendlies so you get familiar with tactics etc for each. You will end up with a favourite, but to beat your enemy you must first understand them Smile .

I have a 'Best of 7 Wit Cup' that I play against my bro. The rule is after you have won with a race you can't play them again so it forces you to have to win once with each race to take the "Cup".

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
03-09-2013, 12:08 PM
This outwitters community is amazing. I've seen new players get totally trashed in other gaming forums just because their question was somewhat basic.

Here people actually try to help everyone else out of love for the game. I find that really amazing!

Thanks to all the players who keep supporting and fostering the community! And congratulations to the developers!
03-12-2013, 02:26 PM
My experience has been disappointing in the gifted league. As of right now, I have games at 5 days, 3 days, 2 days, 11 hours, and 3 hours. I hoping that by purchasing the uber pack (sometime this week), I won't see these lingering games as issue.
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll echo what everyone else says: Buy the Uber Pack.

actually, buying anything will give you the 20 game limit, so you could just get the gen 2 map pack or something.

but seriously, who can't afford 3 bucks for a great game like this? Some people spend more than that at Starbuck's every day.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome