Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
03-09-2013, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:42 AM by Batman Michael Jordan.)
Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
This seems to be the new thing, start losing? No problem! Just don't play anymore and wait until the other person surrenders. All 5 of my ranked games are at 3+ days now waiting for the other person to go, with 3 of them 1 turn from being over and the other 2 very close.

To sum it up, just afk. The other person will get bored eventually and actually want to play this game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:46 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Getting really tired of people AFKing in games in ranked
its pretty common in the lower leagues cause some people tend to just try out the game.
didnt experience it much when i got to gifted and higher. (lucky me)
why dont you buy something from the store?
so you get the 20 game limit. you can even buy the 35 game limit if youre really active
you get to play more games and you'll support OML at the same time.
2 birds with one stone!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 03:54 AM
I absolutely would but after I had this happen in my first 5 placement games, into clever, and then the next 5!! games too it makes me question what the future of this game will be like for me. I am shocked there isn't some sort of "nudge" system in place that reminds the person that they have a game waiting for them. You can nudge someone once a day (or something) and then after 2-3 nudges you have the option to force them to forfeit.

It could possibly be something with their terrible coding involved with Push notifications on the iPhone, because neither myself or any of my friends I've gotten to download it have ever gotten those to pop up. So unless you're constantly unlocking your phone>opening up outwitters>looking to see if you have a turn, you have no idea.

Too bad because I really really like the idea of this game. Its just lacking fundamentals
03-09-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:01 AM by TheQwertiest.)
like i said, it gets less common as you go up. OML set 4 days as the autowin. you automatically win your game if your opponent doesnt move for 4 days. its a great game. i almost quit for the same reasons you have now but thankfully i didnt. i got to see how great thhis game is
did you try turning on the notifications in settings?

Anonymous Clan
03-09-2013, 04:09 AM
I figured it gets better, I'm just frustrated it. See you at the top! (in another day when I win 5 in a row Wink)

How many placement matches does it take to move up a division?
03-09-2013, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:19 AM by TheQwertiest.)
yeah it does get better! Big Grin
hmm. to answer your question only the first 5 finished matches count as your placement matches. or first finished if its a new season.
you'll get placed on any of the first four leagues depending on how you do in your placement matches.
Fluffy League (fluffy) Clever League (clever) Gifted League (gifted) Master League (master)

there is no fixed amount to move up to the next league but you can tell when youre close when you start getting paired with opponents who are a league higher than you and you beat them.

im not at the top but i'll try my best to get there! Wink
see you at the top!

Anonymous Clan
03-09-2013, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:28 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(03-09-2013 04:14 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  im not at the top but i'll try my best to get there! Wink
see you at the top!

And you will never be. Big Grin

Batman: if you want practicing don't hesitate to invite me in a friendly! Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-09-2013, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:31 AM by TheQwertiest.)
lol. being in the top 200 already counts as the top. Tongue

Anonymous Clan
03-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Top 200 isn't high enough, aim top 100 Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]