Poll: How much did you benefit from garcia1000's mind bullet today?
I got a huge amount of benefit from it.
I got a large amount of benefit from it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A fact about FTA I feel like dispensing today.
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:05 PM by CombatEX.)
RE: A fact about FTA I feel like dispensing today.
(03-09-2013 12:26 AM)Harti Wrote:  Yup, but nobody would ever listen Angel

What do you mean? There has been a lot of talk about this for a long time. Or maybe it was just the two of us who I am recalling? Either way it is true and one of the reasons I dislike one spawn maps. Of course there are also other contributing factors like spawn placement, the problem is most likely on 1 spawn maps. Especially on maps like SFI where the spawn is far from your base. Unless you are Adorables you are at a severe disadvantage as it is very hard to get more units up to defend if you get behind by even one unit.

Veggienauts are now very strong on these kinds of maps though because they can get more than one 'unit' per turn. Thorns are basically units now with low mobility and attack.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I think p2 should have an extra runner on 1 spawn 1v1 maps.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
03-09-2013, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 09:31 PM by Harti.)
I think no 1v1 map (or: no map in general) should feature Medics (or sometimes Snipers). Because P2's are dead by P1's second turn.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-10-2013, 02:42 AM
(03-09-2013 09:30 PM)Harti Wrote:  I think no 1v1 map (or: no map in general) should feature Medics (or sometimes Snipers). Because P2's are dead by P1's second turn.

The only map where the medic has a lot of chances to be dead is glitch, and you can easily protect it by putting a runner on the wit, then seeing the runner, move the medic in front of the base and put the soldier and the heavy in front of the medic. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-10-2013, 02:49 AM
(03-10-2013 02:42 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 09:30 PM)Harti Wrote:  I think no 1v1 map (or: no map in general) should feature Medics (or sometimes Snipers). Because P2's are dead by P1's second turn.

The only map where the medic has a lot of chances to be dead is glitch, and you can easily protect it by putting a runner on the wit, then seeing the runner, move the medic in front of the base and put the soldier and the heavy in front of the medic. Smile

I think he may be referring to the new bramble being able to kill them easily, I think it would probably be more likely to happen on Turn 5 than Turn 3 though, depending on the map.
03-10-2013, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 03:06 AM by Necrocat219.)
No he's talking about runners. The whole reason that 8 wits for P2 was implemented was to reduce FTA from the runner killing the medic, Adam explained it. It also fixed the wit problem at the same time which was the initial reason 8 wits was suggested.

FACT: More people have chosen the worse option of the poll on how useful the mind bullet is

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-10-2013, 03:08 AM
FACT: Garcia1000 is the most objective Outwitters player - no one said ever.

03-10-2013, 03:13 AM
(03-10-2013 02:42 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  The only map where the medic has a lot of chances to be dead is glitch, and you can easily protect it by putting a runner on the wit, then seeing the runner, move the medic in front of the base and put the soldier and the heavy in front of the medic. Smile
I am aware of all possibilities to guard the Medic as P2 but thanks for the heads up anyway. Smile

The point is, why would I have to guard it in the first place? Because it is so important. Why is it so important? Because it will boost your Soldiers to 4 HP, making them extremely cost-efficient.
So... if the Medics weren't even around, they wouldn't be chased. If there was no chase (that sooner or later claims its toll, i.e. casualties), FTA would be lessened, right?
So you wouldn't be required to buy a frail unit on Glitch's first turn as P2 to find out whether P1's setting up a Runner in a sneaky position.

I mean that's really just a lot of theorycrafting but just imagine Outwitters maps wouldn't have *any* units predeployed. Imagine a new game mode featuring only that. That would probably be awesome because you wouldn't want to set up your Runners so aggressively just to pick off undefended Snipers and Medics and then gg.
Surely, games would develop much more slowly but I bet we'd all enjoy a much more appealing game with different opening strategies.

But that's not going to happen since it's not very beginner friendly; but removing the predeployed Medic... yeah it gets rid of a slight issue and it opens a lot of new possibilities. Strategies without 4HP Soldiers? Yay!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
How does one calculate the FTA unit count advantage?

Is it just the average of the unit counts at the end of every turn assuming that both players spawn the same number of units?
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by calculating, just that P1 has many more oppurtunities to take out key units early in the game. Unit advantage (as far as I know) is just how many u it's you have compared to how many units your opponent has.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!