Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New extremely effective reaper opening
06-14-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: New extremely effective reaper opening
I had this used against me once and after that have used it 3 times, won twice lost once against Ser purple wolf. It's pretty strong.

Master League 1v1 # 179, 2v2 w/fruit slicing master # 33
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't know what you expected with you heavy, you should have moved it so that it killed the runner which was to come from the spawn. Then you could have used your runner to take back your wit space Wink But nice bramble use!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM
(06-14-2013 04:59 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I don't know what you expected with you heavy, you should have moved it so that it killed the runner which was to come from the spawn. Then you could have used your runner to take back your wit space Wink But nice bramble use!

For some reason I thought that the snipe couldn't see me. Anyways, it kept the sniper off the wit for one extra turn.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
06-15-2013, 07:42 AM
(03-08-2013 07:53 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  this was actually my very first opening in reaper when it was still in beta. it was against Randydogz

I played this out on a few friendlies with several people. There are several things you can do, but I agree with many people, it isn't new, and countable.

And...I want to get on beta, sometime. =]

GC: TheGreatAnt
06-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Perhaps it's counterable, but it is a quite interesting and a very much playable opening. If your opponent is unaware of this rush, this is an easy win
06-19-2013, 02:29 AM
I really like this variant
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlMXlAww

First time I don't take my wit space until turn 9!

Soldier spam FTW
06-19-2013, 02:59 AM
So what is the best counter? Buff the sniper and take out the heavy? With Alvendor's variant, the sniper is still taken out turn 3, which still leaves player 2 in a bad situation.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-21-2013, 07:38 AM
(06-19-2013 02:59 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  So what is the best counter? Buff the sniper and take out the heavy? With Alvendor's variant, the sniper is still taken out turn 3, which still leaves player 2 in a bad situation.

I'm starting to think best counter is to buff the sniper and take out one runner!

Soldier spam FTW
06-21-2013, 07:42 AM
That's what I tried against bng3000 in a friendly and it did work pretty well, take one runner, and hit heavy with sniper

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Yep and if for some reason the runner isn't there, then you go for the heavy

Soldier spam FTW