Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New extremely effective reaper opening
06-23-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: New extremely effective reaper opening
I don't know if nezo did the best version possible, but if he did, this rush puts the one who did it more in difficulty than his opponent. Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6t_iAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 04:14 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
I think the best counter is killing the heavy (with runner and sniper) and creating a runner and moving it to kill his sniper too as he won't be able to buff it, nor to move it to prevent your runner from killing it. That's it. He's going to kill yours too and steal your bonus. But you will take his bonus too by moving your heavy. Then you will have to create a strong unit and stay in the spawn spot so he can't block it. Then you can arrange your own strategy, no snipers, both bonus taken by each other
(06-23-2013 04:35 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I don't know if nezo did the best version possible, but if he did, this rush puts the one who did it more in difficulty than his opponent. Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6t_iAww

In nezo's version I could see you didn't have to move your sniper to hit the heavy, so he didn't make you spend a wit, giving you a vantage point. I know he puts his heavy there so you couldn't kill his heavy. But, in my opinion, there is no point, because he didn't kill your sniper and couldn't make the rush.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Another rush counter
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1oPqAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
08-21-2013, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 05:38 AM by {Thisson}.)
On some maps it's really hard to deal with a fast rush. On War garden, for example, if P1 spawns a soldier and advances it towards your base along with their heavy, it's very difficult to repel the attack because as P2 you are behind on tempo and as a practical matter you need to have an extra unit to take out a buffed heavy. Some of these map starting positions seem to overly favor a rush by player 1.

Here's an example. I made a small mistake moving my medic but even if I hadn't I don't see any way I could have repelled this rush. Does anyone know how to defend against this rush as p2?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJD02gsM
08-21-2013, 06:41 AM
(08-21-2013 05:29 AM){Thisson} Wrote:  On some maps it's really hard to deal with a fast rush. On War garden, for example, if P1 spawns a soldier and advances it towards your base along with their heavy, it's very difficult to repel the attack because as P2 you are behind on tempo and as a practical matter you need to have an extra unit to take out a buffed heavy. Some of these map starting positions seem to overly favor a rush by player 1.

Here's an example. I made a small mistake moving my medic but even if I hadn't I don't see any way I could have repelled this rush. Does anyone know how to defend against this rush as p2?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJD02gsM

The guy to go to that I know is willing to help is Mag!cGuy, he's been tutoring for free and he has a really good counter to this. It's a normal opening that you can use regardless but also has the ability to counter.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
08-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Did you use his counter when we played?

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
08-22-2013, 12:45 AM
(08-21-2013 05:29 AM){Thisson} Wrote:  On some maps it's really hard to deal with a fast rush. On War garden, for example, if P1 spawns a soldier and advances it towards your base along with their heavy, it's very difficult to repel the attack because as P2 you are behind on tempo and as a practical matter you need to have an extra unit to take out a buffed heavy. Some of these map starting positions seem to overly favor a rush by player 1.

Don't put your heavy on your wit space, move it towards the base, take it with a runner, and spawn a sniper on your 2nd turn - best strategy i have anyway. Also, I'm curious to know why you moved your heavy forwards - you wasted a wit and suicided it!

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
08-22-2013, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 02:56 AM by CombatEX.)
Has anyone looked into this counter? It's from a month or two ago and I haven't really looked into it but it seems like it could be a good response.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YtuvtAww

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
08-22-2013, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 04:16 AM by Syvan.)
(08-22-2013 02:56 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Has anyone looked into this counter? It's from a month or two ago and I haven't really looked into it but it seems like it could be a good response.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YtuvtAww

That also looks pretty good. That response is nice because it looks like P2 could put the runner on either side of the map which would each put P1 in an uncomfortable position. I would have liked to see how the game played out if he attacked the medic with the bottom runner instead for the scouting information then spawned his own medic to boost the sniper.