Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please buff The Scrambler
03-08-2013, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 07:39 AM by Gavin Wins.)
RE: Please buff The Scrambler
What about a 1 dmg splash damage attack around the scrambler when it brainwashes a unit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Decrease its cost by one would be simple and effective

Soldier spam FTW
03-08-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 07:19 AM by Ja Karta.)
+2 wits on kill is interesting and thematic to the flash tactical focus of scrambler, but probably more inelegant than would be allowed.
Changing cost is a similar problem (though also attractive, and less inelegant IMO).

If scrambler does some day get a buff a 1hp buff would probably make the most sense. It would significantly increase the positions a scrambler could be in without threat, without making it unkillable.

Admittedly, that's a pretty large buff. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen eventually.
(The high-level advantage of adorables, and v3 veggies, is that they essentially have more tactical options than scrambler. Whose low threat range and vulnerability simple results in a large pruning of viable moves. (BS is a special case as its defensive nature sets up positions where it is attacked, pruning opponents options)

I'm not complaining. I'm just starting my masters battles now. But from a graph/decision theory perspective alone there's good train to think the brain is at a disadvantage. (Of course that's why I like playing it. : )

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Scrambler seems pretty balanced as is.

I used to think allowing it to scramble at a distance of 2 would be a good buff because then you could scramble from behind your units and it would be a bit harder to kill it after 1 scrambling. That would also have the same effect as giving it 4 movement.

This ^ seems OP to me though. You could just hide your brain behind a wall of soldiers and it would be incredibly difficult to kill it. However, now that I think of it, this is exactly how the Bombshell works, but at much higher range, and this could probably improve feedback's game against the turtling strategies it's weak against.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Difference is bs doesn't give you a unit

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Alvendor's suggestion actually makes the most sense, any sort of hp buff or movement buff would just make scramblers ridiculous. I'm not complaining though. OML GIVE ME MY 3 HP SCRAMBLERS!!!!
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
yeah alvendors suggestion makes sense but it would ruin the balance of the special unit costs

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Well it's the "least OP" suggestion given so far. Although I definitely wouldn't mind any of the other suggestions Big Grin
03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
id suggest either 4 movement, 2hp, or increase vision to 5. *only the vision

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-08-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm really sad about having to abandon feedback being the highest ranked feedback player. Currently, I'm honing my Vegginauts skills in lower leagues to switch to them full time they are really fun and strong after the update. I expect there will be a nerf but hope not! I don't think I will switch back to feedback unless my proposals are accepted because any less of a buff and they still won't be able to compete in the top 10 but that's just my opinion.