Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please buff The Scrambler
03-07-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Please buff The Scrambler
(03-07-2013 11:26 AM)blckace Wrote:  You think vegginauts aren't OP now? Wait for the replays to come...
Theoretically in long games where there's an abundance of wits they have infinite power and can wipe out an army of bombshells.

If you let the game turtle with 100+ turns and 15+ wits then it's surely OP...

Positive thinking: Feedback also benefits from bramble buff as long as you can scramble the thorn and grow and attack their sniper back. (Easy to say than done?)

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
(03-07-2013 11:26 AM)blckace Wrote:  You think vegginauts aren't OP now? Wait for the replays to come...
Theoretically in long games where there's an abundance of wits they have infinite power and can wipe out an army of bombshells.

I dont know if you were talking to me or not, but I dont know if they are OP. They might be, probably not. Probably just balanced.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I agree something needs to be done. I've managed to get to master league playing only feedback, but compared to scallywags and adorable s they are way behind. Haven't tried the new bramble yet.

I think for now I will be playing another race. There doesn't seem to be any reason to continue playing feedback at this time.
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually can someone explain what op means, thanks
Tongue
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
OP = overpowered

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
03-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd be hard-pressed to believe that the veggienauts are going to become noticeably stronger than the adorables. My guess is that they're going to be on par with the adorables now. Their buff is significant, but they were significantly underpowered before the update.

As for the idea of buffing feedback, I'd say hang on to the idea for a bit. I think it's fairly equally balanced at the moment, with feedback being just slightly underpowered. An important thing to note is that each race has advantages on certain maps, and just maybe feedback will play pretty well on these new maps. Also, I'm starting to think that certain specials might have an advantage over other specials. We'll just have to see how the veggienaut buff plays out.
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 02:51 PM by laYahooz.)
(03-07-2013 11:18 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Veggies can now go scrambler hunting with thorns.

I'll believe it once I see the replays Smile

Bramble weakness is like mobis but far worse, rush it early and it can be overwhelmed. Feedback is the best team to get the early positioning as far as I can tell.

@SPW
Jumping 4 spaces would IMO be OP. Soldiers would be just as boned as heavies are against scramblers currently. That would give waaay to many brainwash opportunities

I'm not saying that you all are wrong that the feedback is weaker, I just dont see a way to buff them. Being pretty much exclusively feedback, i think they are just.... Way different to play with. Some games i feel like their very OP once i get positioning, some games are just super frustrating. Maybe its just me, since i suck, but i think feedback requires the most luck out of the other teams.
Buff?
Maybe scrambled units get 2hp instead of 1hp?
03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Maybe the scrambler should do 1 damage when it scrambles an enemy. I think the bombshell and scrambler will still be at a disadvantage against mobi anyway though as long as we have +1 wit mechanic and the mobi working as it is right now.
03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I was just thinking about 1 hit of damage upon scrambling. And for a runner, it would kill them.

Although I'm kind of laughing that everyone was crying about Veggies not too long ago and now it's Feedback. :/
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I think that a scrambler gaining +2 wits on the turn it scrambles would be a perfectly reasonable buff, making it something too significant would probably make it OP (4 movement would be really evil as a spawn attack Tongue) However just to note that with all these buffs a 'power creep' is taking place. Okay I just got the image of one day have a 5hp scrambler, Nuke Bombshell Mobi that units can move after being teleported and free thorns. XD

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?