Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser
07-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser
Hey OML,

First, this game is a ton of fun. Haven't bought the uber pack yet, but I definitely plan on it.

Now on to my suggestion... It would be awesome if we could watch the replays that are posted to this forum in a browser. As of now, people are taking advantage of the replay system and posting games so the community can give feedback and advice, which is awesome... but to watch these replays I have to switch to my iPhone, watch the replay, then log in on my desktop to leave a longer reply. It's not that big of a hassle as it is now, but it would be nice to be able to watch the replays on my computer.

Thanks for the hard work!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Suggestion: Ability to watch replays in browser
Yah that would be great. Hate the moving do much
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm sure it'd be more work for them than it's worth to us, but it definitely would be a nice addition.
07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
One can still dream...

I agree, that it would be awesome. It would allow for some crazy things like 'featured matches' on the OML blog or stuff - the couldn't be any better promotion for a game than actually seeing it run. Not just in a video, but in a really lightweight and clever way. HTML5, anyone? Don't look at me, I'm no HTML-wizard.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 08:46 PM by Harti.)
(07-08-2012 07:00 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  One can still dream...

I agree, that it would be awesome. It would allow for some crazy things like 'featured matches' on the OML blog or stuff - the couldn't be any better promotion for a game than actually seeing it run. Not just in a video, but in a really lightweight and clever way. HTML5, anyone? Don't look at me, I'm no HTML-wizard.
I was actually working at some turn-planning tool. I guess it could basically used for purposes like these, too (would only require some automatism to process those JSON objects).
However, I didn't get much feedback from OML other than "yeah cool", so I guess they are not interested in community guys creating official stuff, you know.

And without support, character sprites and/or dummy databases it won't happen really soon; even if they changed their mind I'd be lacking time -now-. Sad

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]