Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-09-2013, 06:45 AM
RE: Bramble v3
I don't understand how nobody thought this change was too strong in beta testing... They need to keep the attack and go back down to 2 HP. 3 HP gives too little options when they are a threat to destroy units now.

Still amazed this change went through.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 06:46 AM
(03-09-2013 01:58 AM)the duck Wrote:  if you think on it the new bramble is actually can be good for Feedback players

While I initially suggested the same thing (that removing thorns gave feedback a (relative) boost in matchups) I'm actually doubting that now.

I essentially never get one of my units scrambled by surprise and I think that only becomes more true as skill improves (I play on the edge of gifted/masters 1v1 right now).

The ability to retract thorns (for free!) means that it's very easy to deny scramblers the ability to scramble them. Much like it's tough to scramble a mobi.

Paired with the fact that scrambled thorns start with 1 health and bramble thorns can do 1 damage I imagine the scenarios where thorns can usefully be scrambled to be quite few once players get even a little 'hip' to bramble strategies...

Of course, you can always use a medic on the thorns. But front or mid line medics are generally a no-go against bramble. I actually think feedback is currently much worse off, relative to other teams, due to this new upgrade. (Especially taking into account that scramblers low health makes them very vulnerable to wit positive thorn kills.)

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-09-2013, 06:48 AM
(03-09-2013 06:20 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  goheat! do you have a free slot?

Yes!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-09-2013, 06:48 AM
(03-09-2013 06:48 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  

Yes!

Okay!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 06:49 AM
(03-09-2013 06:45 AM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  I don't understand how nobody thought this change was too strong in beta testing... They need to keep the attack and go back down to 2 HP. 3 HP gives too little options when they are a threat to destroy units now.

Still amazed this change went through.

I (much previously) argued that thorn attacks wouldn't make sense with 3hp as well.
That said it's smart to have the bramble go through as it is now.

It needs a good shakedown. A lot of play so that people get a sense of what the possibiliites are. This will get bramble a lot of play and make it much easier to figure out where the appropriate balance line actually lies.

Had they made it just right or slightly underpowered there would be relatively few people playing it and the lack of strategy development would make balance more opaque.

To say nothing of sales. (And, no, I'm not worried about A&A giving into power creep as a means to boost new army sales. I'm confident they'll fix this once the dust settles. Smile )

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-09-2013, 07:02 AM
I agree it is better then having it be useless as it had been previously, but this seems a little obvious that it is a problem, and should have been changed a bit prior to release, imo.
03-09-2013, 07:05 AM
(03-09-2013 06:48 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 06:48 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  

Yes!

Okay!

Do you want me to be a certain team???

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-09-2013, 07:06 AM
pick your weakest team. lol JK. im using veggienauts.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:49 PM by zer0CD.)
imo at the moment, brambles are a little too wit efficient. I would suggest that there is a 1 wit penalty for either retracting a thorn or uprooting/rooting a bramble (similar to BS). I'm probably being a little hasty with my judgement but after playing some games with them after the patch, this seems to be the most reasonable balancing changes. Right now they snowball an advantage too hard, which is mainly due to how wit efficient the unit is.
03-10-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm starting to agree more and more that bramble is OP. it's virtually impossible to defend your wit space from a direct assault on thorn gulley.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6ZOLAww