Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Winner: Mag!cGuy] 2v2 Random "All your unit are belong to us" tournament
03-18-2013, 06:16 AM
RE: [In Progress] 2v2 Random "All your unit are belong to us" tournament
(03-18-2013 06:09 AM)Lrimas Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 05:25 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Now that I've read the rules again, I think it's a bit unfair that people get partial points if games are not played. I mean, i have still two games not started, and if those won't be played, I would get 8 points for those games. If I would win the other 6 games, I would get 36 points for them, for a total of 44 points. Other people, whose games all get played, could max out on 6*8=48 points. While one might think I would get 4 free points, I really get a 2 point handicap per game.

Can't we just assign a different P1 on unstarted games?

That sounds fair. The "start time" was to scare people on starting their games on time - I really hoped I wouldn't have to implement it.

So... From 0 GMT there will be "free for all" where the first person in a group to start a game (that hasn't been started) can pick the map and their partner.

Please post who should have been P1 in the results (if you remember) as it would make it easier for me to record the results. If you don't remember, it will be as easy for me to check the results sheet as it is for you, so don't worry!

Actually I don't like that either. I would be very disadvantaged because I live in Europe. Can't you just assign a random P1?

And i think you recorded something incorrectly. I randomly lost my game with boyxoneder P1.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:19 AM by Ellevega.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzOSKAww

This is a win for us because the opponent created a runner! The forfeit was on turn 24 but I ended the game after turn 27.

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
03-18-2013, 06:25 AM
(03-07-2013 01:45 AM)Lrimas Wrote:  One rematch is allowed should someone forget the rules and the game is still undecided.

03-18-2013, 06:36 AM
I don't see why you couldn't have just played it out.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-18-2013, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:47 AM by Lrimas.)
(03-18-2013 06:16 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 06:09 AM)Lrimas Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 05:25 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Now that I've read the rules again, I think it's a bit unfair that people get partial points if games are not played. I mean, i have still two games not started, and if those won't be played, I would get 8 points for those games. If I would win the other 6 games, I would get 36 points for them, for a total of 44 points. Other people, whose games all get played, could max out on 6*8=48 points. While one might think I would get 4 free points, I really get a 2 point handicap per game.

Can't we just assign a different P1 on unstarted games?

That sounds fair. The "start time" was to scare people on starting their games on time - I really hoped I wouldn't have to implement it.

So... From 0 GMT there will be "free for all" where the first person in a group to start a game (that hasn't been started) can pick the map and their partner.

Please post who should have been P1 in the results (if you remember) as it would make it easier for me to record the results. If you don't remember, it will be as easy for me to check the results sheet as it is for you, so don't worry!

Actually I don't like that either. I would be very disadvantaged because I live in Europe. Can't you just assign a random P1?

And i think you recorded something incorrectly. I randomly lost my game with boyxoneder P1.

I could, but that might place us in the same position we are now, where people don't start their P1 games?
How does this sound:

As the games were generated randomly,

From 0 GMT, the person who is in column G has 2 days to start a game.

Should this not happen, the person in column H has 2 days to start a game.

Should this not happen, the person in column I has 2 days to start a game.

Should this not happen... I give up Smile.
03-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Seems reasonable. I think that random game was bobolynx P1 win with GoHeat3.

(03-18-2013 06:36 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I don't see why you couldn't have just played it out.

Come to think of it, that runner really didn't have any purpose. They could've just killed it for free, and the other team already had all the vision in the world. I almost think it should be a legit win for bobolynx and derr furbong.

03-18-2013, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 07:20 AM by Lrimas.)
(03-18-2013 06:54 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Seems reasonable. I think that random game was bobolynx P1 win with GoHeat3.

Fixed - thanks for pointing it out. Next time I'm not alowing Bobolynx and boyxoneder to compete in the same tournament Smile.

I have confirmed the Results up to this post, but - as I'm human and can make mistakes and these results are more confusing than normal - please let me know if you notice anything that is incorrect.
  • Current Leader: uvafan173 with 30 points
  • Most Games Finished: uvafan173 with 2 games left
  • Total Games Left: 22
  • Percentage P1 Wins: 62.5
  • Most Played Map: Mechanism with 5 games
  • Current Average Rounds: 21.5
03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
(03-18-2013 07:20 AM)Lrimas Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 06:54 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Seems reasonable. I think that random game was bobolynx P1 win with GoHeat3.

Fixed - thanks for pointing it out. Next time I'm not alowing Bobolynx and boyxoneder to compete in the same tournament Smile.

I have confirmed the Results up to this post, but - as I'm human and can make mistakes and these results are more confusing than normal - please let me know if you notice anything that is incorrect.
  • Current Leader: uvafan173 with 30 points
  • Most Games Finished: uvafan173 with 2 games left
  • Total Games Left: 22
  • Percentage P1 Wins: 62.5
  • Most Played Map: Mechanism with 5 games
  • Current Average Rounds: 21.5
Not yet. So I guess My partner can start another game.

Gf!sh the rule is a rematch not some automatic win. The game should have stopped as soon as that runner was spawned.

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
03-18-2013, 11:57 AM
(03-18-2013 06:17 AM)Ellevega Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzOSKAww

This is a win for us because the opponent created a runner! The forfeit was on turn 24 but I ended the game after turn 27.

Ya could have just let it go. It's to my disadvantage if anything because I lost wits spawning it and all else I did that turn was move it right next to magic's brainpooper. But whatevs yo I'm cool with it.

derr furbong
1v1 Gifted League

2v2 Clever League with GarbonzoKingdom

You are beautiful so deal with it
03-18-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 04:34 PM by bobolynx.)
Also, in the match where a runner was created, it was taken control of instead of being destroyed as my p suggested, and we won anyway. Sooo~
Lol T.T boyxoneder <3<3 forever lost love!
Also the runner doesn't even give us gained vision. If we're forced to rematch on this I shan't be pleased :/

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better