Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-09-2012, 09:07 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y58QwDA

I lost this and I know I lost because I ran out of wits at the end. I don't know what I should have done differently though Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
(07-09-2012 09:07 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y58QwDA

I lost this and I know I lost because I ran out of wits at the end. I don't know what I should have done differently though Sad

You didn't have to move that second runner on the last turn, attack from where he was and move the heavy up beside him to finish off the enemy heavy. As a rule, I don't move my heavy from the top area on that map. It's very easy to fall for a distractionary attack on bottom and then your heavy is to far away from base to do anything.
07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
What Dawizerd said. Your opponent could made a break for your base much earlier than he did with a heavy and soldier, but didn't. I move my heavy up to form a defense with the soldier to buy myself time to build an attack force. Be careful, though the spawn point is far from the base on this map, if you're not guarding the spawn point a runner can easily block it off before you know it.
07-09-2012, 10:17 AM
But the enemy heavy had 5 hp and heavies do 3 damage and move 2 spots so I thought I would need another runner? Huh
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:36 AM by Dawizerd.)
(07-09-2012 10:17 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  But the enemy heavy had 5 hp and heavies do 3 damage and move 2 spots so I thought I would need another runner? Huh

Yes, you needed two runners plus your heavy. But, you wasted a Wit moving the runner that was already next to the enemy heavy. You could still have hit him with your heavy by moving it (up/left, up) and finished him off.
07-09-2012, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:49 AM by ArtNJ.)
(07-09-2012 09:07 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y58QwDA

Turn 2: He is sticking that soldier in your face, KILL IT! If he is after you that fast, it means he is rushing, you aint got time to be hopping and medic boosting. This is a small, tiny map, and he is COMING for ya. Build a soldier, not a runner, and 2 on 1 kill his soldier. What you did instead just handed him a big initiative.

Remember, there is only one spawn on this map, so if you kill a soldier and he cant counter, you have a lasting numerical edge.

I'll add more comments later, wife on me.
07-09-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:50 AM by Fluffysox.)
(07-09-2012 10:35 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:17 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  But the enemy heavy had 5 hp and heavies do 3 damage and move 2 spots so I thought I would need another runner? Huh

Yes, you needed two runners plus your heavy. But, you wasted a Wit moving the runner that was already next to the enemy heavy. You could still have hit him with your heavy by moving it (up/left, up) and finished him off.

OOOOHHH....I see how stupid I am now.
I struggle to count from 1 to 2 Confused
07-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Lose

Short game on sf island in which i cant stop a single heavy... Tongue
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I just lost this game and can't quite figure out why. I'm pretty sure it's because I had no real defenses in place, but I'd like a second opinion.

Loss
07-10-2012, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 12:35 AM by ArtNJ.)
(07-09-2012 11:32 PM)Kyoril Wrote:  I just lost this game and can't quite figure out why. I'm pretty sure it's because I had no real defenses in place, but I'd like a second opinion.

Loss

It wasnt any one thing. You played at about the same level as your opponent, but there are a couple of easily correctable basic things that will take you to a higher level. You did things like hit a 3 health soldier with a runner and then hit it with a sniper on the same turn -- getting familiar with the units and eliminating this type of thing will help a lot. Time matters. You moved units next too enemy units with your last Wit, which lets them attack you without moving. This is giving them free time. And you moved your medic 6 times, and buffed/healed maybe another 6 times. This is WAY too much time spent with the medic. Focus on efficiency and good use of time (Wits) and you'll get to the next level.

[Editted to be more helpful]

(07-09-2012 11:03 PM)Burnsyrocks Wrote:  Lose

Short game on sf island in which i cant stop a single heavy... Tongue

Link doesnt work