Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 04:07 AM by Harti.)
Lightbulb Need advice? - Post your replay!
This thread is supposed to help beginners to the game make less errors. The beta testers and couple of other good guys are going to rate your games by watching the replays!

Why another thread?

I think that the other thread is mostly there for bragging with how well you played or such.
If you wanna brag, visit the other topic.

Are you a wizard?

Nope, so don't expect the master solutions from us. Most posts here will be affected by everybody's own experiences or playstyles.
(07-07-2012 07:36 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Please note that none of us have magical crystal balls that allow us to see how a game would have progressed if you made anything different - all we can do is point out things you could have done better - whether or not that would have changed the outcome of the game is anyone's guess.

How to post a replay?

You go to your win/lost section of your game list and tap and hold on a game and a sub-menu pops up like so:
[Image: sharescreen.png]

When pasting the link to the forums, please make sure to put it into
Code:
[url]outwitters://...[/url]
so that we can actually click the link with our devices.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 08:05 PM by Kamikaze28.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Please note that none of us have magical crystal balls that allow us to see how a game would have progressed if you made anything different - all we can do is point out things you could have done better - whether or not that would have changed the outcome of the game is anyone's guess.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 04:01 AM
Thanks Harti. I'll be making use of this thread in the near future.
07-08-2012, 04:25 AM
this is a great idea! I plan on using this often. I need all the help I can get
07-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Advice?

I tend to have problems on this map. Any advice would be appreciated.
07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
(07-08-2012 06:46 AM)eumerk Wrote:  Advice?

I tend to have problems on this map. Any advice would be appreciated.

Turn 5: if you couldn't attack the Heavy with your Soldier then why move it? That was like an invitation to the Heavy to eat your Soldier in the next turn, which he gladly accepted.

Turn 9: You clearly anticipated the enemy Heavy to come along the top route. Why did you place the Medic there? I would have put the Heavy there and the Medic safely behind it. Heavy + Medic vs Heavy is clearly superior.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah, when I watched the replay the only thing I really noticed myself was the blunder I made in using my medic to protect the base instead of my heavy. I have no idea why I made that move, I don't remember it being a misclick (which happens to me more often than I'd like).

Turn 5: I have no idea. Watching that again, that was ridiculously played.

Is my strategy common for this map? How do other people approach it?
07-08-2012, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 08:03 AM by Szei.)
LINK

So this is my first League game. I ultimately win, but I'm most curious about the opening few turns as I felt pressured and feel like the only way I got out of the situation was from blunders by my opponent as opposed to anything good on my part.

What would you suggest I do in turn 2 in response to my opponent's turn 1 opener?

One possibility I considered was:

Spawn a scout (4 wits left)
Move scout next to opponent soldier and attack (2 wits)
Move my soldier and attack (0 wits)

This would bring him down a soldier, but I would also have to delay the resource node for a turn. Not sure if that's worth it. The other nice thing about this opener is that moving a scout up immediately would give me much more info allowing me to change my plans if necessary.

Anyway Harti, how would you have responded to my opponent's turn 1 opener?

I feel like a good player could have punished me after turn 2 by picking off my soldier instead of moving the Heavy forward (which is what my opponent did instead). Essentially if it weren't for his/her turn 3 mistake allowing me to save my soldier I feel like I should have lost that game. This is why I'd like to know a better response to my opponent's turn 1 so I'm not put into such a bad position for turn 3.
07-08-2012, 07:58 AM
(07-08-2012 07:51 AM)Szei Wrote:  LINK

That link doesn't produce a replay for me. They even looked under the couch and couldn't find it.

07-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Haha. I like that error message, anyway, try again. I re-upped it. Works this time.