Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-13-2012, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 05:33 AM by Harti.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
@Wiesnhendl:
- 4: I'd probably have gone for a Soldier OR boosted the Runner (like in turn 6) so that it isn't a Runner tradeoff anymore.
- 6: Better trade the Medic off while taking their bonus space! Would've been quite cheap. Destroy the Runner with something else.
- 8: I personally wouldn't spawn Mobi if there's a Heavy coming over to say hello, but rather a Sniper! (And rather kill their Medic at the end of turn 8 instead of boosting Mobi, you could heal mobi on 10 still) And moving that Soldier away would probably have been a good idea too...
You shouldn't have focused on Mobi here. You could have killed that Heavy if you wanted to (Sniper 3 + move 1 + shoot 1 + Soldier move 1 + attack 1 = 7) and would've been far more effective. =)
- 10: Was all good, except Mobi should take in a more flexible position (between Heavy and Sniper)
- 12: I didn't see turn 11 coming either but with Mobi on the flexible spot you'd have been able to bring the Heavy to the threatened front. Furthermore, the 3 HP Soldier is the more dangerous one. It can sneak behind the obstacles to attack your base for 2-4 damage.
- 14: I'd have brought the Heavy instead of the Sniper =/
- 16: Awesome comeback!
- 22: Noooo! Why don't you just retreat the Heavy which was able to see the Sniper? (Also why did you build a Runner but didn't use it to see BEFORE you moved with the Heavy?)
- 24: A Heavy is a really bad buy against Soldier + Sniper. A Runner would have sufficed! Now comes the point where you're getting into heavy unit disadvantage. It's time to recover and to restock! Get them from the distance, like with Mobi Snipers or something and don't just run into their units while they can advance with others...
- 26: Getting Mobi out of exposure would probably have been the better call instead of rescuing the Runner...
- 30: I was expecting you to build a Runner when I watched the Replay. Unfortunately this time you made the wrong decision. You need to watch the replay more closely and make an assumption about where their Sniper could be at the moment.
- 32: Do not just sacrifice your Heavy :/
- 34: Nice educated guess!
- 38: Build something strong instead of a Runner. They are -NOT- going to build a Runner with 6+ wit.
- 44: Shoot the Soldier first. You can always miscalculate something when you're in winning euphoria.

Nice second Mobi, I didn't actually think of that. Impressive game man, you've improved a lot! But there's also a lot of tiny mistakes you did, I was really pedantic when mentioning them. Smile

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 05:24 AM
Ok. So this is the replay area for everybody?

Please make this a sticky so new players like myself can get to this thread quickly and enjoy some replays. Thanks.

(Though I am still bookmarking it)
07-13-2012, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 05:46 AM by Wiesnhendl.)
(07-13-2012 05:07 AM)Harti Wrote:  @Wiesnhendl:
- 4: I'd probably have gone for a Soldier OR boosted the Runner (like in turn 6) so that it isn't a Runner tradeoff anymore.
- 6: Better trade the Medic off while taking their bonus space! Would've been quite cheap. Destroy the Runner with something else.
- 8: I personally wouldn't spawn Mobi if there's a Heavy coming over to say hello, but rather a Sniper! (And rather kill their Medic at the end of turn 8 instead of boosting Mobi, you could heal mobi on 10 still) And moving that Soldier away would probably have been a good idea too...
You shouldn't have focused on Mobi here. You could have killed that Heavy if you wanted to (Sniper 3 + move 1 + shoot 1 + Soldier move 1 + attack 1 = 7) and would've been far more effective. =)
- 10: Was all good, except Mobi should take in a more flexible position (between Heavy and Sniper)
- 12: I didn't see turn 11 coming either but with Mobi on the flexible spot you'd have been able to bring the Heavy to the threatened front. Furthermore, the 3 HP Soldier is the more dangerous one. It can sneak behind the obstacles to attack your base for 2-4 damage.
- 14: I'd have brought the Heavy instead of the Sniper =/
- 16: Awesome comeback!
- 22: Noooo! Why don't you just retreat the Heavy which was able to see the Sniper? (Also why did you build a Runner but didn't use it to see BEFORE you moved with the Heavy?)
- 24: A Heavy is a really bad buy against Soldier + Sniper. A Runner would have sufficed! Now comes the point where you're getting into heavy unit disadvantage. It's time to recover and to restock! Get them from the distance, like with Mobi Snipers or something and don't just run into their units while they can advance with others...
- 26: Getting Mobi out of exposure would probably have been the better call instead of rescuing the Runner...
- 30: I was expecting you to build a Runner when I watched the Replay. Unfortunately this time you made the wrong decision. You need to watch the replay more closely and make an assumption about where their Sniper could be at the moment.
- 32: Do not just sacrifice your Heavy :/
- 34: Nice educated guess!
- 38: Build something strong instead of a Runner. They are -NOT- going to build a Runner with 6+ wit.
- 44: Shoot the Soldier first. You can always miscalculate something when you're in winning euphoria.

Nice second Mobi, I didn't actually think of that. Impressive game man, you've improved a lot! But there's also a lot of tiny mistakes you did, I was really pedantic when mentioning them. Smile

Nice, thx! Some good hints. And yes, I need to watch the replay more closely. or just don't forget to hit that runner in turn 21. As a sidenote, I had about 17 wits left in the last turn, so Wit shortage clearly wasn't a problem...

About the soldier in last move, it won't reach my base in one turn, I had a mobi nearby and 17 wits, so I just wanted to block his spawn field first.

An thanks again for the praise of my development. ;-) But of course, there are a lot of missing points, but I feel, like I am somehow getting the feel of it - after playng outwitters through almost all beta stages for more than 6 months ^^

-Don't play big maps against bernaferrari if your ego is important to you.

-Don't play any maps against Josecuervo if your ego is important to you.
07-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Game

So this was my first time experiencing this skill of play. Whee!!!
I think I know of at least a couple of things I could have done better, but I wonder what you all have to say.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

07-13-2012, 07:29 AM
@pookywb: First of all, I always pause the game before the opponent does their turn for writing down my thoughts. Although it may look like I just watched what happened and then bitched about it, it's not like that. Big Grin

- 3: You could have done an educated guess to destroy either their Medic or Sniper, but that was just okay as well.
- 7: Too. Many. Soldiers. For to counter their gradually moving Sniper you will want to have more Runners around.
- 9: You shouldn't expose your Sniper like that. Granted, you don't see their Runner right now - but you could be 80% sure they've got one lurking around somewhere. Not a biggie at this stage of the game, I'd just usually heal it to protect it from randomly spawned wild Runners. But if you don't like playing with Snipers it's all good!
- 11: You're building a pretty neat wall there... but that's not how you win here. XD Great idea saving up for Mobi though!
- 17: Sorry to be that harsh but you played a rock solid game up until now and now you're ditching it for a pointless kamikaze attack onto an uncritical area.
Firstly: Mobi's strength is teleporting Snipers. Use it.
Secondly: You do know he's got a Sniper around?
Thirdly: You do know he could have amassed as much wit as you have in order to buy a Scrambler?
An all-out attack with many units should actually only be considered if you're 100% sure you can beat your opponent's base down before they can destroy all of your units.
You were actually really lucky that your opponent neither seemed to care about destroying Mobi, nor had 10 wit left to scramble your Heavy and kick your Mobi.
- 21: Massive unit disadvantage. Golden Rule: First scout, then walk (Soldier death).
- 27: Err... what was the point in moving your Sniper? Couldn't you just have sucked that freshly built Sniper at the bottom in for that 1 wit? :O
- 29: No need for a new Soldier. Rather heal your 3 HP one so it won't be destroyed by the Heavy you've spotted three turns ago. Smile
- 31: Protect Mobi's siiiiide ;(
- 35: Maybe too early to assault their base. By that point of time you've already seen how many units they've got around... defending was a good call in the beginning of the game too, so why would you wanna stop it? You've got the better Special for stalemates.
- 37: That one Heavy + Runner aren't really applying pressure at this stage of the game.
- 39: I think this was the wrong call. You should have destroyed the Sniper instead as it will probably trap you later.
- 41: Not sure why you resigned... at all. This game wasn't lost at all.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Information RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Here's a better example of a match Harti, made many less mistakes here I believe!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-13-2012, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 08:58 AM by Fluffysox.)
Long nine rush
I would like to know how I did, and how I could have improved (saved more than 1 hp for my base, or be more cost effective and positioning)

Edit: I'm the second player.
07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
(07-13-2012 07:49 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Long nine rush
I would like to know how I did, and how I could have improved (saved more than 1 hp for my base, or be more cost effective and positioning)

That was a good match, there were a couple moments where I thought you left yourself open (unit or base) but you pulled it together later on. Good job!

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-13-2012, 08:58 AM
(07-13-2012 08:34 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  

That was a good match, there were a couple moments where I thought you left yourself open (unit or base) but you pulled it together later on. Good job!

Thanks for the feedback Smile
07-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Nice game with lots of tough choices! Some thoughts:

2 - What about taking bottom square with a runner instead? As he has FTA you want the vision so you can prepare.
4 - I like how you boost the runner to get dominance in top half. Move out with runner from top spawn point before anything else. If you don't see anything special top you can pretty much assume he will push bottom. If you see activity top you don't need any more units bottom at this moment.
6 - Maybe a soldier top instead of a runner so you deny that part of the map for his runners?
8 - Very impressive to move back like that. Most people would get greedy and stay to defend the bonus square. I don't like the boost of the soldier. As you have two soldiers he will anyway pick one off with the heavy. As he has two soldiers he can pick the other one off boosted or not. I would rather move the medic as you did but create a new soldier. You don't need to do anything top at this moment, better to save wits and defend bottom well.
10 - Move sniper down shoot heavy, kill heavy with soldier, kill soldier with heavy
14 - kill his mid runner with you runner, take top bonus square and create a runner that you use together with the heavy to block his soldier. You really don't want your base under 3 health.
16-22 You defended his attack and now it's time to return some pain! Looks good!

Soldier spam FTW