Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tile Idea? Captureable Spawn Points
02-22-2013, 01:12 AM
New Tile Idea? Captureable Spawn Points
Have they considered a tile that is a captureable spawn point like we have wit tiles? Can be the same mechanic, grey to start, turns your color if you stay on it until your turn. If it's your color, you can then use it to spawn units.

I think it might add a lot of new map layouts and strategic points to the game.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: New Tile Idea? Captureable Spawn Points
They could also be more specific, like a healer only spawn tile. Would make things really interesting to have one where you can spawn enemy Special.

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
02-22-2013, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 01:27 AM by John3:16.)
I guess you could expand that to othe captureable tiles, like captureable turret tiles (once captured, can use to range hit units, or act like a bombshell maybe), or captureable vision tiles (grants vision once captured, even if you leave that spot).

That sort of mechanic slightly complicates the game rules, which may be against their game design sensibilities, but not too much, since it's already similar to the wit space mechanic.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
02-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Have you played any of the Advance Wars games, John?
02-22-2013, 02:15 AM
This is an interesting concept and it should be considered carefully.
Smile

Super-Titan
02-22-2013, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 02:51 AM by John3:16.)
No, I've never played Advance War, is it fun?

<edit> OK, looked it up, Advance Wars sounds a lot like Uniwar, which I did play a bit, although I've now completely switched to Outwitters.

02-22-2013, 03:11 AM
It's one of the best games ever made imo

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
(02-22-2013 01:50 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Have you played any of the Advance Wars games, John?

Absolutely live advance wars. My favorite game on the game boys (well along with Pokemon Tongue) I think where you are going with this is the neutral airports or seaports that once you capture them you can build your units there.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, basically. Advance Wars (and other similar games) have spawn points you can capture just as John3:16 describes. It's a great game mechanic in those games, but I don't know how well it meshes with Outwitter's elegant simplicity.

I'd love to see OML experiment with some more complex game features like this, though... perhaps for Outwitters 2? Wink
02-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't mind this so much, especially if it was a new game mode. I could also see the space starting out in the possession of P2 just to counter FTA.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]