02-22-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Blackjack Split?
Even my miniature brain got that one, cheers Ja Karta Wink

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 07:55 AM
(02-22-2013 12:55 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  but implementing it seems problematic. Undecided

Funny how almost all change suggestions are rejected by this one sentence...

02-23-2013, 08:19 AM
(02-23-2013 07:55 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Funny how almost all change suggestions are rejected by this one sentence...

It's the design process' nature's fault. You design a product only after you specified its requirements. With these requirements in mind you start to design a user interface, iteratively, and unless you deliberately leave some space to add more functionality later on (which you shouldn't as it means your product is unfinished..), you'll more or less have to stick with what you've designed. After you finished the design and tested it, you start to develop and ship the product.
Therefore, packing some big stuff into the existing user interface will most likely require a complete redesign of the UI.

The suggested functionality is great from a player's point of view - I believe everybody here's always wished to know how a game would've ended with this or that strategy.
It's a horror implementing it though, not having listed it in the requirements in the first place.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
04-05-2013, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:59 AM by phineas94.)
A & A have just implemented my idea!

My turn came up in a 2v2 match that was just about getting to boiling point but instead of just the "Your Turn" league option I was also given a "Pass 'n' Play" option of the game. I obviously used FFA to it's max, found out what was going on in the FOW and then made a killer move in the league game.

Seriously though, of course I didn't (but I can't say I wasn't tempted...and still am Smile ) so I played my league move which promptly disappeared to the bottom of my play list but the P'n'P game remains unplayed. I'm aware that this should just go in the bug thread but couldn't resist tacking it on to this one. Has this happened to anyone else? The temptation is driving me crazy and I daren't quit the P 'n' P game in case it's somehow linked to the real game. I know my partner lives in France so utilising the P'n'P is going to be a bit tricky but they almost got it right Big Grin

Everything Changes
04-05-2013, 06:31 AM
(04-05-2013 06:18 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  A & A have just implemented my idea!

My turn came up in a 2v2 match that was just about getting to boiling point but instead of just the "Your Turn" league option I was also given a "Pass 'n@ Play" option of the game. I obviously used FFA to it's max, found out what was going on in the FOW and then made a killer move in the league game.

Seriously though, of course I didn't (but I can't say I wasn't tempted...and still am Smile ) so I played my league move which promptly disappeared to the bottom of my play list but the P'n'P game remains unplayed. I'm aware that this should just go in the bug thread but couldn't resist tacking it on to this one. Has this happened to anyone else? The temptation is driving me crazy and I daren't quit the P 'n' P game in case it's somehow linked to the real game. I know my partner lives in France so utilising the P'n'P is going to be a bit tricky but they almost got it right Big Grin

This happened to me once a couple of months back; it did reveal my opponents troops, but it was the 4th of SFI, so there wasn't much to see. Just a weird bug.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
04-05-2013, 06:47 AM
It sounds like those choose your own adventure books. Do people still write those? You could go back and play "what if" scenarios.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
(04-05-2013 06:18 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  A & A have just implemented my idea!

My turn came up in a 2v2 match that was just about getting to boiling point but instead of just the "Your Turn" league option I was also given a "Pass 'n' Play" option of the game. I obviously used FFA to it's max, found out what was going on in the FOW and then made a killer move in the league game.

You changed a 2v2 game to a pass n play game?! That shouldn't be possible.

Also, if you could split games, you could quit one, see the replay and his unit placement, then play on the real game.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…