Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
02-21-2013, 06:31 AM
RE: Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
Let's have a look at other combos:

S/F: No purpose what-so-ever.
S/V: Seems like a hindrance.
A/F: Suicide.
A/V: IMPOSSIBRU!!!!
F/V: Bring Scrambler forward behind thorns. Probably the only other combo with special interaction. Not necessary better then any of the above.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 06:42 AM by connor34911.)
(02-21-2013 06:31 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Let's have a look at other combos:

S/F: No purpose what-so-ever.
S/V: Seems like a hindrance.
A/F: Suicide.
A/V: IMPOSSIBRU!!!!
F/V: Bring Scrambler forward behind thorns. Probably the only other combo with special interaction. Not necessary better then any of the above.

These assessments aren't true. I have some experience with S/V and it works well. I don't really think any of your other assessments are that well thought out or supported by any evidence, I'm sure there could be uses for all those combos. I do not really want to take the time to address them in this thread though.

(02-21-2013 06:27 AM)The RawkHawk Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 06:19 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 04:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  mobi/bombshell makes for a very interesting 2v2 experience, there's nothing else that reaches that level of cooperation between 2v2 partners. When would you ever want to warp a bramble, or even a scrambler? Never, probably. The idea here is that the mobi being able to warp the shell is a very cool "team" concept, since you are using the powers of both teams' specials together.

Restated, mobi/shell is the only team combo worth playing. This means something should change, right? Other team combos should be fun too, right? I believe that's the whole point of this thread.

Agreed - I would just hate for the solution to be making the most fun team combo less fun.

I don't think it would drastically affect play. You would still be able to use the BS offensively with the mobi, just not as quickly as you would with the current system.

There are a lot of other fun combos out there! This change would allow the use of all these combos without restricting your level of success in 2v2. I think that 2v2 gives us the unique opportunity to use some races that may not be as powerful in 1v1 and have success with them by combining then with another race. Without some kind of change the A/S combo will still be the most powerful, and will not allow for the diversity that could be achieved in 2v2 (still the most powerful without a change). This change will not affect the individual races at all, and would be easy to implement.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-21-2013, 06:44 AM
(02-21-2013 05:21 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:17 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:10 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I don't think you're supposed to tell that...
Judging from this comment, I'm guessing OML is testing Bramble Patches being able to attack in beta.

LOL well regardless of any pending updates, I still think that the mobi bombshell thing should be changed.

Either make it so that:

1 Only unshelled BS can be teleported
2 A teleported BS will be unshelled

Making it so only unshelled BS can port takes the shell out of the game for two turns. The other option leaves the shell vulnerable for one of opponents turns. Both of those essentially make that tactic useless. I play A/S regularly, but don't use this tactic very often...although I agree that when used correctly, it can be powerful.

I agree with the other poster that the other combos should also be more interesting. I think the main problem is likely that this game has been more balanced for 1v1 play...a format that I find very boring by the way.
02-21-2013, 06:56 AM
(02-21-2013 06:44 AM)Xpander Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:21 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:17 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:10 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I don't think you're supposed to tell that...
Judging from this comment, I'm guessing OML is testing Bramble Patches being able to attack in beta.

LOL well regardless of any pending updates, I still think that the mobi bombshell thing should be changed.

Either make it so that:

1 Only unshelled BS can be teleported
2 A teleported BS will be unshelled

Making it so only unshelled BS can port takes the shell out of the game for two turns. The other option leaves the shell vulnerable for one of opponents turns. Both of those essentially make that tactic useless. I play A/S regularly, but don't use this tactic very often...although I agree that when used correctly, it can be powerful.

I agree with the other poster that the other combos should also be more interesting. I think the main problem is likely that this game has been more balanced for 1v1 play...a format that I find very boring by the way.

You still get the benefit of being able to transport a BS to anywhere on the battlefield. Saves wits and turns just like transporting any other unit does. But yes, it still takes away that tactic. I dont think its a major change, I just think it helps out.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-21-2013, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 07:44 AM by GreatGonzales.)
If I can't mobi a shelled bombshell, I don't think I would ever do it. Bombshell is mobile enough on its own...very few situations where this would be prudent. For the same reason that you wouldn't mobi a scrambler - it's weak and valuable.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
(02-21-2013 03:28 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Yes mobiing the shell is cheating and should not be allowed. Or rooted bramble should be able to be mobi'd, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe mobi should only be able to port units of it's controller? Whatever happens, I don't like the current system.

I disagree. Saying moving a shelled bombshell is cheating is the equivalent of saying mobi'ing a unit that has already moved is cheating. A shelled bombshell may not be able to move, but it's not rooted. A bramble is rooted and therefore can't move. A shelled bombshell is no different than a unit that has used up its actions. If one player could have a mobi and bombshell, then it would be cheating. But as it is you can't teleport the shell and use it in the same turn and therefore it's not overpowered.
02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Just play Feedback and scramble the other 3 specials so you can have all 4!Tongue

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
(02-21-2013 08:10 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 03:28 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Yes mobiing the shell is cheating and should not be allowed. Or rooted bramble should be able to be mobi'd, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe mobi should only be able to port units of it's controller? Whatever happens, I don't like the current system.

I disagree. Saying moving a shelled bombshell is cheating is the equivalent of saying mobi'ing a unit that has already moved is cheating. A shelled bombshell may not be able to move, but it's not rooted. A bramble is rooted and therefore can't move. A shelled bombshell is no different than a unit that has used up its actions. If one player could have a mobi and bombshell, then it would be cheating. But as it is you can't teleport the shell and use it in the same turn and therefore it's not overpowered.

150% agreed

iPro Clan
02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
(02-21-2013 08:14 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Just play Feedback and scramble the other 3 specials so you can have all 4!Tongue
You can't have all 4 at the same time Sad. I tried, you can't scramble a team mate.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
(02-21-2013 08:18 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 08:14 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Just play Feedback and scramble the other 3 specials so you can have all 4!Tongue
You can't have all 4 at the same time Sad. I tried, you can't scramble a team mate.
Yeah I knew that lol. I don't know what I was thinking! Sorry bramble but your the odd one out then.Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan