Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
02-21-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
(02-21-2013 04:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 04:03 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  It's not about the concept. It's about the advantage this matchup has against ALL other matchups. Wit wise and the fact that it takes the already powerful mobi sniper and brings it to a new level.

Also you can't move a rooted bramble in 1v1 just like you can't move a shelled BS. Why should you be able to in 2v2?

I explained above why it's not quite analogous between bombshell and bramble. But anyway, I agree with you in principle, that yes this would be a decent balance to 2v2 and create more play variety. But I would still be sad to see this change implemented, because mobi/bombshell makes for a very interesting 2v2 experience, there's nothing else that reaches that level of cooperation between 2v2 partners. When would you ever want to warp a bramble, or even a scrambler? Never, probably. The idea here is that the mobi being able to warp the shell is a very cool "team" concept, since you are using the powers of both teams' specials together.

I agree that BS warping and bramble warpin isn't the same. I just think its overpowered. You would still be able to warp unshelled bombshells. Arguably this would require more teamwork because it would be a risky tactic!

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 04:27 AM
I say no. It's part of 2v2 playing. Plus, the new beta has made bramble a little stronger so you have every reason to complain about the V/F combo as the A/S combo.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
02-21-2013, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 04:32 AM by connor34911.)
(02-21-2013 04:27 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  I say no. It's part of 2v2 playing. Plus, the new beta has made bramble a little stronger so you have every reason to complain about the V/F combo as the A/S combo.

What? No one complained about a VF combo. The new veggie buff is possibly a disadvantage to veggies especially against scally and mobi, which is what we're talking about here.

I just want more team combos to be viable in 2v2.
And I'm not really complaining... I have no problem using mobi/scally. I would just like more combos to be viable.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 04:36 AM by Ja Karta.)
No strong opinion, but consistency would be nice. Either
(1) allow mobi'ing rooted bramblers (with no uproot implied)
(2) only allow teleporting *unshelled* bombershells
(3) have mobi'ing uproot/unshell a unit when it is teleported

(note that #3 still saves wit's/time as there's no cost to unshell or no time lost to having to uproot and wait a turn)

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
I don't think you're supposed to tell that...

02-21-2013, 05:12 AM
(02-21-2013 05:08 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Brambles can now attack. That's not a disadvantage.

What? umm pretty sure they cant attack unless something happened I don't know about. I haven't downloaded an update for outwitters so pretty sure the only recent buff is 3 hp/ 1 wit for kill.

Again, lets keep this on topic. To actually answer your comment, it is a disadvantage to ALL other team combos because it is so powerful and wit efficient. Refer to my above comments for further explanation.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 05:17 AM
(02-21-2013 05:10 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I don't think you're supposed to tell that...
Judging from this comment, I'm guessing OML is testing Bramble Patches being able to attack in beta.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 05:21 AM
(02-21-2013 05:17 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 05:10 AM)Gfich Wrote:  I don't think you're supposed to tell that...
Judging from this comment, I'm guessing OML is testing Bramble Patches being able to attack in beta.

LOL well regardless of any pending updates, I still think that the mobi bombshell thing should be changed.

Either make it so that:

1 Only unshelled BS can be teleported
2 A teleported BS will be unshelled

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
(02-21-2013 04:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  mobi/bombshell makes for a very interesting 2v2 experience, there's nothing else that reaches that level of cooperation between 2v2 partners. When would you ever want to warp a bramble, or even a scrambler? Never, probably. The idea here is that the mobi being able to warp the shell is a very cool "team" concept, since you are using the powers of both teams' specials together.

Restated, mobi/shell is the only team combo worth playing. This means something should change, right? Other team combos should be fun too, right? I believe that's the whole point of this thread.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-21-2013, 06:27 AM
(02-21-2013 06:19 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 04:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  mobi/bombshell makes for a very interesting 2v2 experience, there's nothing else that reaches that level of cooperation between 2v2 partners. When would you ever want to warp a bramble, or even a scrambler? Never, probably. The idea here is that the mobi being able to warp the shell is a very cool "team" concept, since you are using the powers of both teams' specials together.

Restated, mobi/shell is the only team combo worth playing. This means something should change, right? Other team combos should be fun too, right? I believe that's the whole point of this thread.

Agreed - I would just hate for the solution to be making the most fun team combo less fun.

Super-Titan