Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
02-21-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
(02-21-2013 02:59 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  Has no one ever thought of F/V? The Brambles are a cheap way to get the Scrambler close, one the the biggest problems with Feedback.

This always sounds good to me when I think about it - but I have never heard of anyone trying it out. I think as with all things Veggie - it would take a lot of practice to perfect.
See - Moo/Shell is a very safe and reliable method. Others I think are viable, but more difficult to execute.
Since the update I have already played several games where our opponents included a Bramble. I see that as a good sign people are trying to 'branch' out.

Wink

Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Lol, nice pun. I do like Veggies, but as you said, it takes some practice.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:37 AM by GreatGonzales.)
But then awesome, complex strats like those seen in these games wouldn't work:

(Turn 24)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl660Agw
(Turn 48)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y44y1Agw

And that would be sad

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-21-2013, 03:34 AM
It feels like every other combo is better that F/V tho

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-21-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:37 AM by connor34911.)
Full disclosure- I've been playing a V/S combo and I love it. I see my partner and i getting to mid masters with this strat. However we will never be competitive at high level play. I play adorables on 1v1 so I have no problem switching if this is not changed.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-21-2013, 03:38 AM
(02-21-2013 03:33 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  But then awesome, complex strats like those seen in these games wouldn't work:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl660Agw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y44y1Agw

And that would be sad

Oh look! The *greatest play ever made.*

Super-Titan
02-21-2013, 03:55 AM
Can we keep this relatively on topic? I think this is a reasonable nerf that would leave S/A powerful while making all other matchups more viable at all levels.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 04:00 AM
(02-21-2013 03:55 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Can we keep this relatively on topic? I think this is a reasonable nerf that would leave S/A powerful while making all other matchups more viable at all levels.
Sorry, we kind of stole your thread. Although I still think it should be left as is. I prefer freedom to have Specials interact. Mobi can teleport other Mobis, Scramblers, and unrooted Brambles, so why not a Bombshell? You can't teleport a rooted Bramble because it's literally dug into the ground, but a Bombshell is not.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 04:03 AM
(02-21-2013 04:00 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 03:55 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Can we keep this relatively on topic? I think this is a reasonable nerf that would leave S/A powerful while making all other matchups more viable at all levels.
Sorry, we kind of stole your thread. Although I still think it should be left as is. I prefer freedom to have Specials interact. Mobi can teleport other Mobis, Scramblers, and unrooted Brambles, so why not a Bombshell? You can't teleport a rooted Bramble because it's literally dug into the ground, but a Bombshell is not.

It's not about the concept. It's about the advantage this matchup has against ALL other matchups. Wit wise and the fact that it takes the already powerful mobi sniper and brings it to a new level.

Also you can't move a rooted bramble in 1v1 just like you can't move a shelled BS. Why should you be able to in 2v2?

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 04:14 AM
(02-21-2013 04:03 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  It's not about the concept. It's about the advantage this matchup has against ALL other matchups. Wit wise and the fact that it takes the already powerful mobi sniper and brings it to a new level.

Also you can't move a rooted bramble in 1v1 just like you can't move a shelled BS. Why should you be able to in 2v2?

I explained above why it's not quite analogous between bombshell and bramble. But anyway, I agree with you in principle, that yes this would be a decent balance to 2v2 and create more play variety. But I would still be sad to see this change implemented, because mobi/bombshell makes for a very interesting 2v2 experience, there's nothing else that reaches that level of cooperation between 2v2 partners. When would you ever want to warp a bramble, or even a scrambler? Never, probably. The idea here is that the mobi being able to warp the shell is a very cool "team" concept, since you are using the powers of both teams' specials together.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.