Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
I think that balance wise it would be better but it's much more fun seeing bombshells being thrown around. It's not possible to balance 1vs1 and 2vs2, have to choose one or the other unfortunately.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
(02-21-2013 08:21 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 08:18 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 08:14 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Just play Feedback and scramble the other 3 specials so you can have all 4!Tongue
You can't have all 4 at the same time Sad. I tried, you can't scramble a team mate.
Yeah I knew that lol. I don't know what I was thinking! Sorry bramble but your the odd one out then.Smile

But your partner's special is on your side, so you kind of can have all 4, right?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2013, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 08:33 AM by connor34911.)
(02-21-2013 08:10 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 03:28 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Yes mobiing the shell is cheating and should not be allowed. Or rooted bramble should be able to be mobi'd, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe mobi should only be able to port units of it's controller? Whatever happens, I don't like the current system.

I disagree. Saying moving a shelled bombshell is cheating is the equivalent of saying mobi'ing a unit that has already moved is cheating. A shelled bombshell may not be able to move, but it's not rooted. A bramble is rooted and therefore can't move. A shelled bombshell is no different than a unit that has used up its actions. If one player could have a mobi and bombshell, then it would be cheating. But as it is you can't teleport the shell and use it in the same turn and therefore it's not overpowered.

Umm cant your partner use it his turn? Obviously you cant use your partners units.
(02-21-2013 08:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think that balance wise it would be better but it's much more fun seeing bombshells being thrown around. It's not possible to balance 1vs1 and 2vs2, have to choose one or the other unfortunately.

This would have no affect on 1v1. Its a 2v2 balance issue.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
I was talking more about Mobi and interaction with other specials which to be honest kinda does suck. Although no one mentioned Scrambler - Adorables being pretty good! Sad

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-21-2013, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 08:47 AM by worldfamous.)
(02-21-2013 08:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think that balance wise it would be better but it's much more fun seeing bombshells being thrown around. It's not possible to balance 1vs1 and 2vs2, have to choose one or the other unfortunately.

I'm not sure it would improve balance. We've won many games because a shell was mobi'd. When a shell is moved, it leaves a hole where it used to be. I'll take a scally/bramble combo over a scally/mobi on Acrospire, any day. Other than FTA, I feel 2v2 is pretty balanced. I do prefer scally/mobi but have plenty of wins with all combos.
(02-21-2013 08:35 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I was talking more about Mobi and interaction with other specials which to be honest kinda does suck. Although no one mentioned Scrambler - Adorables being pretty good! Sad
It's a great combo. It forces your opponent to deal with the scrambler out of turn, due to fear of it being teleported out by mobi. You can also expose your scrambler, creating that invisible force field and then teleport him to the other side.
02-21-2013, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 08:57 AM by laYahooz.)
90% of master teams and most gifted use this mobi bombshell combo because its so good. Though, being mainly a feedback-adorable team, I hate teleported bombshells, it would taker the fun out of 2v2 to nerf it. So it must be countered!
I think:
1. A mobi scrambler is a good combo, but way more situational since a scrambler only has 2hp.

2. There should be some way for the mobi to, shall we say, interact with bramble. Perhaps teleport parent vines?

3. A teleported bombshell, like WF said, can screw over your opponents. But let's be honest, that mistake is rarely made

Also scrambler-bramble make a great pair!
02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
I think for consistency you should either be able to mobi both the shelled Bombshell AND the rooted Bramble, or you can't move either one.

Maybe if Mobi-ing them had a drawback. like if teleporting the BS causes it to unshell (so you can still move it if shelled, but it unshells when spit out), and moving the bramble causes it to uproot in the same way.

of course if you cancel the teleport, none of those things happen. They only uproot/unshell when spit out.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't see the point in teleporting a bramble. But no. Keep it as it is. We've played mobi and feedback in the beginning. No problem whatsoever

iPro
02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
(02-21-2013 11:48 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  I don't see the point in teleporting a bramble. But no. Keep it as it is. We've played mobi and feedback in the beginning. No problem whatsoever

Yeah I love the mobi feedback combo. We just beat 2 of the best teams with that combo, Terence/awp and 888/waymaniac