Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
02-21-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 02:40 AM by connor34911.)
Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
In 2v2 you should not be able to mobi a SHELLED bombshell. It's one thing to mobi a 2 hp sniper, but a 4 hp BS is a different story. I think that only units that can move on their own should be able to be mobi'd. My suggested change would be to make it so that only UNSHELLED bombshells can be mobi'd. This would only affect 2v2 and I believe it would balance the matchups a little bit more.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Suggested 2v2 change: mobi-bombshell nerf
Yea it should operate like it does with bramble

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-21-2013, 02:45 AM
I vote no. The whole point of 2v2 is to let the strengths of one team benefit the other. You might as well say that Veggienauts can only spawn Bramble Patches on their side of the map.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 02:51 AM
(02-21-2013 02:45 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  I vote no. The whole point of 2v2 is to let the strengths of one team benefit the other. You might as well say that Veggienauts can only spawn Bramble Patches on their side of the map.

Not really the same thing. In its 1v1 use mobi can only move units that can already move on their own. Additionally BS cannot move when it's shelled.

It's basically consensus that adorables and scally are the two best 1v1 teams. This is supported by OSN stats. Since you can teleport a shelled BS they are arguably better together in 2v2.

This would just help even things out a little to reduce the advantage. Teams would just have to be more careful about teleporting bombshells and there would be a one turn attacking lag due to shelling of the bombshell.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Hm - I think Adorable/Scally is the most popular 2v2 team because the moo/shell synergy is well known and understood. I'm not convinced that there cannot be other effective synergies that work just as well.

Super-Titan
02-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Has no one ever thought of F/V? The Brambles are a cheap way to get the Scrambler close, one the the biggest problems with Feedback.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-21-2013, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:22 AM by connor34911.)
Thinking about this further I realized another reason why it's unbalanced: one major argument about BS being balanced in 1v1 is that 'it's the most expensive special to use'. With the mobi-BS combo in 2v2 you save the wits from shelling-moving-reshelling. Additionally you can attack the next turn.

So in 2v2, even if you only move the BS a couple spaces, you save 2 extra wits because of the shell-unshell which doesn't apply to other units! And you can attack the next turn!

This should definitely be changed to encourage the use of other combos!

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I actually didn't know that the mobi couldn't warp a rooted bramble. So, I get the argument to do the same for the shell, to make things consistent. But it's actually not quite analogous, because the bramble does not spend a wit to root, and also there are other implications of unrooting the bramble, namely that all the thorns disappear.

While it's true that mobi/shell is almost definitely the best team combination...I dunno, it makes team games pretty exciting. Agree, though, that this change would bring more diverse strategies to 2v2.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-21-2013, 03:27 AM
GG did you see my wit breakdown/other reasons above?

1v1 Super-Titan

02-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Yes mobiing the shell is cheating and should not be allowed. Or rooted bramble should be able to be mobi'd, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe mobi should only be able to port units of it's controller? Whatever happens, I don't like the current system.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League