Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Insane Peekaboo Battle
02-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Insane Peekaboo Battle
Hi Guys,

This is my first replay post, please go easy on me. Just played the game for a week. Takes a while before I catch on and got promoted, but I am getting there.

There are many could've, would've that I would have done differently, but here it is.

My insane Peekaboo Battle.

Insane Peekaboo battle

Started out by me trying to build my defense, and the other guy attacked me at turn 3. He know my build up strategy and trying to messed me up.

It took me a while and many miscalculated wits to get back on track and fight back.

Inputs are welcome.

Gifted League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Insane Peekaboo Battle
Nice job keeping your cool under pressure! The biggest thing that jumped out to me in the beginning for you was the unnecessary healing on turns 4 and 6. You boosted a runner and then a sniper to 2hp, but the most likely attacks on those units were soldiers and heavies who would get a one hit kill regardless. May as well save those 2 wits and find a better use for them later on.
02-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I regret boosting the runner knowing that I am sacrificing those anyway. I regret them especially after I did it, and I can't undo.

You know, I think an undo button will be great. Especially during our own turn. Why can't we undo our silly mistakes? lol.
02-20-2013, 05:59 AM
cause you can use the runner to scout the map.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-20-2013, 06:35 AM
(02-20-2013 05:59 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  cause you can use the runner to scout the map.

Would you suggest me creating another runner at any point of the game rather than my choice?

I think my other mistake was that I didn't create a runner earlier to kill his healer even though I know where it is located exactly. (By seeing how the opponent heals their soldier in one of the turn)
02-20-2013, 06:38 AM
sorry if i didnt specify but that comment was targeted at your suggestion of an undo button

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-20-2013, 06:45 AM
Yeah, as others have said, some of the boosting you did early on was questionable, but you played the end of this game rather well.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
(02-20-2013 06:45 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Yeah, as others have said, some of the boosting you did early on was questionable, but you played the end of this game rather well.

Thanks, Erenan. Still learning. I agree that the runner boost was questionable. About the sniper, wouldn't you want to boost it so only soldier could kill it, not runner?
02-20-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 07:18 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yes, in some cases that is true, but generally you want to spawn snipers under circumstances in which you know they will be safe. This was kind of a special emergency defense situation where you wanted to take out one of his soldiers with one shot. Sometimes in these situations spawning a sniper that you know will die on the next turn is the best option you have, but unless you have a specific reason for your opponent to use a soldier to kill it instead of a runner, knowing it will die means not boosting it.

There's an element of uncertainty in this game, so it's often hard to say.

Also, bear in mind I am in Gifted, not Super Titan, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow I can imagine how happy you were from that comeback! Usually the moment the opponent hits my wit space in Peekaboo I go down like rock, but somehow you pulled it off!

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?