Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Need Short Rounds
07-08-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Need Short Rounds
(07-07-2012 10:28 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  That's why there is a replay function! You can watch every previous move in a running game and once the game is over, you can review it without the fog of war to watch your enemys movements.

[Image: Replay.png] <- Your friend.
Right, but can you watch from multiple turns ago still during the game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 01:26 AM
(07-08-2012 01:21 AM)The430nsT0rn Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 10:28 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  That's why there is a replay function! You can watch every previous move in a running game and once the game is over, you can review it without the fog of war to watch your enemys movements.

[Image: Replay.png] <- Your friend.
Right, but can you watch from multiple turns ago still during the game?

Yes of course - you can watch the game from the beginning if you so choose.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 01:29 AM by The430nsT0rn.)
Blah I just went into a game and tried it, I'm quite stupid as you can all see now. Tongue not really outwitting much of anything, am I? Haha...
Thank you for the tip though!
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Just my thinking, would it be more fun made it "live"? Such as, 60sec per turn.

After all, 1 or 2 turn per day quite torturing.....
07-09-2012, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 01:40 AM by Eijolend.)
If you haven't played an asynchronous game before it takes some time to get adjusted to the slower pace. One great thing is being able to fit in some moves when you have time between your everyday activities.
Also the greatly varying game-length ranging from a few moves, if the first battle decides the match, to 40+ moves in a long stalemate would put me off a "live" play mode when I can't predict how much time I have available.
I think asynchronous gameplay is very fitting for a iOS game.

edit: also getting disconnected for a minute or so due to router restart or something would be a problem

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-09-2012, 01:48 AM
I find it quite frustrating to join / start a game, make a few quick moves, then be trapped into nothingness by the opponent who is afk.

How long does it take for a won / lost game to disappear from the "active games" list?
07-09-2012, 01:49 AM
(07-09-2012 01:48 AM)projectantares Wrote:  How long does it take for a won / lost game to disappear from the "active games" list?

Once a game is finished, you can tap the checkmark-button to send it to the bottom of the list where at most 5 recent games will be displayed.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 02:21 AM
I see, so in theory 25 games can be seen? 20 active and 5 ended, that is.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
07-09-2012, 03:36 AM
(07-09-2012 01:38 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  If you haven't played an asynchronous game before it takes some time to get adjusted to the slower pace.

I love asynchronous games, but there really needs to be a solution for when your stuck in 17/20 games that haven't moved in over 2 days.
07-09-2012, 04:15 AM
(07-09-2012 02:21 AM)projectantares Wrote:  I see, so in theory 25 games can be seen? 20 active and 5 ended, that is.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes. Also I'm not in favor of 1 min turns... I would like a shOrter limit than 7 days though. Maybe 3.