Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Need Short Rounds
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 11:02 AM by Mad Missile Man.)
Need Short Rounds
For anyone that would like to actually sit down and play the game for an extended amount of time, the 20 game limit is insufficient. But rather than increasing the game limit (and consequently the server load and overall time requirement for the player) I, for one, would really appreciate a 'synchronous' mode whereupon I could challenge another ranked player to game that limits turns to about 60 seconds or so. Run out of time? You miss your turn.

Here I am, having paid for the game and unable to play it while I wait for my ride. Why? Because my game list is full of people who haven't played in over a day, and probably decided that they don't want to play anymore all together. It's kind of a broken business model. The customer suffers while the freeloader loses nothing.

EDIT: Great game, by the way. I never cared about Hero Academy enough to be concerned with having any available turns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: Need Short Rounds
Being able to drop the game anytime should solve it I guess
07-07-2012, 12:22 PM
What he said makes sense, since who the hell would want to drop ranked game after ranked game because of retards who quit. I think we should have decreased on 7 day limit maybe 5 day? Also maybe u can vote on kicking someone from gay, and they have to vote no and they won't get kicked
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I agree, I think 7 days is a little long once your list fills up with people that aren't playing. I get the limit on games due to servers, but it is frustrating. I love the game, want to play more, but can't due to the other guy. I think even 5 days is a bit far. 3 days seems fair to me, that is a Fri-Sun of no cell/internet coverage, seems very reasonable. If you are gone for more than that, you shouldn't have committed to a game IMHO.
07-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I realize that sometimes you can't play a game for a while for whatever reasons... but after adding some active GC friends from these forums and getting through 10+ turns in 2 hours I must say it's a HUGE difference over the games I have with random people where we get 2 turns done in a day (or no turns done >.<). It's just a much more enjoyable experience when I can play many turns in a short period of time.

It's probably too late for this but it would be nice if the limit were shortened to something like 3 days with the option of setting a variation of the 'vacation flag' (Harti mentioned this was in advanced wars) where you can set one once every month or so and suspend your games for around a week.
07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I can be a slow player due to work, travel, family etc. However, I would support an option to choose the time limit for a particular match. That way you could choose your team and a time limit, and let the other player accept or not. I personally would not be able to commit to games with a short time limit, but I'm sure there are lots of players who want essentially a "live" game.
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback! We're definitely keeping an eye on this. We chose 7 days to launch with, but it's by no means set in stone.
07-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Three days sounds good to me too. Go on Alex - Press the "three-day button" on your magic game making machine!

Great game already.
07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I like the points on both ends here, what I have found is that I forget enemy unit placement in the fog in games that get buried for hours/day(s). If/when I come back to it, I'll look at the map and units, move according to what I can see at that moment, and oops! There's the heavy that yes, you remember now was back at their base a few turns ago but had since fogged and been forgotten. I mean, I'm not entirely complaining. The game premise (fog with no redo) is great. I love this game. But it is slightly weak when you can't keep track of things like this...
07-07-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 10:33 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-07-2012 10:09 PM)The430nsT0rn Wrote:  I like the points on both ends here, what I have found is that I forget enemy unit placement in the fog in games that get buried for hours/day(s). If/when I come back to it, I'll look at the map and units, move according to what I can see at that moment, and oops! There's the heavy that yes, you remember now was back at their base a few turns ago but had since fogged and been forgotten. I mean, I'm not entirely complaining. The game premise (fog with no redo) is great. I love this game. But it is slightly weak when you can't keep track of things like this...

That's why there is a replay function! You can watch every previous move in a running game and once the game is over, you can review it without the fog of war to watch your enemys movements.

[Image: Replay.png] <- Your friend.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user