Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Pass N' Play Frustrations
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 09:01 AM by zer0CD.)
Pass N' Play Frustrations
I'm fairly new to these boards (look @ my join date), and all I've seen for the past month is a bunch of QQ threads complaining about some aspect of the game. Usually these complaints only pertain to the 1v1 League metagame where people can't get over how broken a giant pink whale is or that boring camper and his OP bombshells. Or sometimes they're actually legitimate complaints like how weak brambles are. Recently, however, people have started to complain about the lesser known parts of the game like 2v2.

Look I got nothing against 2v2, but we all know 1v1 is where the real men are at, mano a mano. Because let's be real, if you still need your best friend to help you win games, then you're still a hairless, potentially intelligent, monkey. Now the travesty of this whole situation is that the manliest game mode for outwitters, Pass n' Play (basically playing yourself), has gone largely ignored by everybody. Well I'm here to give Pass n' Play the attention it deserves, because right now the game mode is completely broken.

As the only player, and thus only Super Titan, in my pass n' play league, I have discovered something more broken than pre-patch FTA, FFA (The Fast Finger Advantage). FFA - if you double tap "Done" very quickly at the end of your turn, then the game skips your opponent's turn and it is your turn again. As a result, the 1v1 metagame is completely broken, and the only chance p2 has of winning is if p1 messes up FFA somehow and allows p2 to FFA him to victory. As indisputable proof that FFA is completely broken, with this technique, I have achieved a perfect 1:1 W/L ratio (because for some reason, when I win, I also lose). 5 seconds of testing has confirmed that double tapping also breaks the 2v2 pass n' play metagame, but it should be more aptly called quadra-tapping and has a much lower success rate than double tapping. So while all of you are out there wondering if you could get dinosaurs into outwitters, know that somewhere out there, real men, with no friends, are suffering daily from the atrocity known as FFA aka double tapping. Fixing this should priority 1 on Adam's small list of changes he'll actually make.

Disclaimer: Double tapping only confirmed on iPhone 4, unknown how responsive other devices are to rapid tapping. If you don't know a joke thread when you see one, then I am secretly garcia1000's alt account, and my time was not important enough to not post this trash.

Edit: Amoffett has confirmed that double tapping works on the iPad. The need for a hot fix has become even greater.
Edit2: It has been brought to my attention that some people may be interested in joining my Pass n' Play league, iBRO, all interested parties please click this link
Edit3: Since posting this message of truth, I have received a flurry of emails from anonymous manly men who are forced to double tap constantly due to the state of the metagame. As a result, most suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. Excessive jerking off may play a part, but now we know that double tapping has serious medical implications. Comrades we must urge Adam into action!!!
Edit4: I AM NOT GARCIA BUT I AM A FARMER. FFA please double click
Edit5!!! I REALLY AM GARCIA!!! NOT REALLY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Pass N' Play Frustrations
This may be the best thread I've ever read.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
The world must know the truth
02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I've also just confirmed that double tapping also occurs on Ipad. Part of me is ecstatic that I've found a way for a guaranteed win, but part of me is furious at this obvious cheat.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Your contribution has made this world a better place. Hopefully alex will now realize how much more widespread and urgent this problem really is.
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 02:29 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
This happened to me before but i thought it was caused by ongoing an +60 turn game with a lot of soldiers on the map. Anyways, on tried it on my iPod and it works. I think it because when p1 clicks done, the game makes the "p2's turn" screen appear but if p1 taps done before the animation finishes, the game's AI doesn't realize that the "tap to continue" is supposed to appear a split second later so it lets you tap done and it goes back to p1's turn.
I can only make minigames on WarioWare DIY so i don't know how accurately i understand about real games unless WarioWare DIY makes minigames almost like in real life except in a funner but more limited way.
I tried it again and theoretically, you can skip multiple turns and get 100 wits when you decide to play your turn. I skipped 4 turns at once before.
Also, what's the problem with this? If you partner isn't supposed to see your turn, you could press done, look at you partners map and maybe move units around, press done, then play your turn, and then press done and let your partner play. Its the same thing as this except you don't have to press done really fast and you get to see your partner's map.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
(02-18-2013 02:18 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Also, what's the problem with this? If you partner isn't supposed to see your turn, you could press done, look at you partners map and maybe move units around, press done, then play your turn, and then press done and let your partner play. Its the same thing as this except you don't have to press done really fast and you get to see your partner's map.

Can't tell if serious
02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
(02-18-2013 03:06 PM)zer0CD Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 02:18 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Also, what's the problem with this? If you partner isn't supposed to see your turn, you could press done, look at you partners map and maybe move units around, press done, then play your turn, and then press done and let your partner play. Its the same thing as this except you don't have to press done really fast and you get to see your partner's map.

Can't tell if serious

He is serious, and he should be. This is a deadly serious issue.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-18-2013, 03:47 PM
(02-18-2013 03:27 PM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 03:06 PM)zer0CD Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 02:18 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Also, what's the problem with this?

Can't tell if serious

He is serious, and he should be. This is a deadly serious issue.

His seriousness is misplaced. Amoffett it appears that you are my only ally in this quest for justice.
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd like to apply to join your pass n' play league. You see, you may think you're the only super titian in your league but I believe I have what it takes to dethrone you. I have spent days honing my skills in the clever and gifted leagues and I now know the best and worst (mostly worst) strategies to take you down with! If you decline my application into your league, then you are as much of a hairless, potentially intelligent monkey as the 2v2 players.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best