Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2v2 Frustrations
02-18-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: 2v2 Frustrations
(02-18-2013 04:28 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  I want to suggest a new feature in 2v2: that'd be very helpful to see not only mine amount of wits, but my parner's too. Yes, I can count it. Yes, I can ask him, but it all takes time. We are the team and we should posess all our common info. Agree?

Agreed!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 05:26 AM
(02-18-2013 05:05 AM)Random Task Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 04:28 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  I want to suggest a new feature in 2v2: that'd be very helpful to see not only mine amount of wits, but my parner's too. Yes, I can count it. Yes, I can ask him, but it all takes time. We are the team and we should posess all our common info. Agree?

Agreed!

It will be so helpful to see my partners wits, and also the team he choose.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
02-18-2013, 05:34 AM
I would also like see what team my partner chose. Rawkhawk and I work it out because we are always the same teams, but still would be nice.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-18-2013, 06:03 AM
I second both of these wishes! Seeing your partner's wits and seeing which team he chose would greatly enhance my 2v2 experience.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
02-18-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 06:30 AM by worldfamous.)
(02-17-2013 10:30 PM)harvarnold Wrote:  Rather than penalize declining games, why not just not show the opponents or map until the game is accepted. That allows people to decline if they are busy, but the system can't be exploited.
I thought about that, but then I realized it would just give people like me a bigger advantage. I play with a very good friend of mine and I would just text him to find out which map we were playing.

Yes, I agree. We should have every bit of info possible on our teammate, including which map and which team they are Pre game. That's the only way to keep the playing field even for those who don't communicate with their partner offline.
02-18-2013, 07:21 AM
(02-18-2013 06:21 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 10:30 PM)harvarnold Wrote:  Rather than penalize declining games, why not just not show the opponents or map until the game is accepted. That allows people to decline if they are busy, but the system can't be exploited.
I thought about that, but then I realized it would just give people like me a bigger advantage. I play with a very good friend of mine and I would just text him to find out which map we were playing.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, maybe don't start until everyone accepts?
02-18-2013, 08:44 AM
(02-18-2013 07:21 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 06:21 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, maybe don't start until everyone accepts?
That's the ultimate solution for both 1v1 and 2v2. Then you can randomly select p1. That's how Hero Academy does it and it works great.
02-18-2013, 10:26 AM
This is what I see as the ideal FTA fix for 2vs2 but I'm not sure how I would put it across; it works on the assumption that each player has one wit space each; P1 has 5 wits, P2 has 7 wits, P3 has 6 wits and P4 has 7 wits (to start). This is what the 'wit difference' between each team would look like between turns:

[Image: Witdifference5767.png]

So basically this suggestion is a 'perfect' fix for 2vs2 maps with 1 wit space in concerns to as perfect as it's going to get. It's done by averaging out each team to have a 3 wit advantage on their turn as the wits waver by 6 wits as the turns go back and forth.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-18-2013, 11:44 AM
(02-18-2013 10:26 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  This is what I see as the ideal FTA fix for 2vs2 but I'm not sure how I would put it across; it works on the assumption that each player has one wit space each; P1 has 5 wits, P2 has 7 wits, P3 has 6 wits and P4 has 7 wits (to start). This is what the 'wit difference' between each team would look like between turns:

[Image: Witdifference5767.png]

So basically this suggestion is a 'perfect' fix for 2vs2 maps with 1 wit space in concerns to as perfect as it's going to get. It's done by averaging out each team to have a 3 wit advantage on their turn as the wits waver by 6 wits as the turns go back and forth.

Another way to do this is 5/7/5/6, as the wise samurai pointed out.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Displaying wits would be great. In the meantime I guess you can just post your wits after each turn so your partner knows.

(02-18-2013 06:03 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  I second both of these wishes! Seeing your partner's wits and seeing which team he chose would greatly enhance my 2v2 experience.

Well, just so you know I always pick Scallywags because I assume you always pick Adorables (which is usually true =P). I won't pick a different team unless I tell you ahead of time.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]