Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2v2 Frustrations
02-17-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: 2v2 Frustrations
(02-17-2013 09:44 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  I don't agree with the game decline penalizing, because your partner that declined the game may have his own reasons, may be he can't play at the moment. And there's another bug that should be fixed: once I started a new game and my partner was in a long trip. He didn't take his ipad with him and didn't even see that I had started a game. He couldn't cancel it. We lost this game automatically after the timeout. Isn't it stupid?

This could be fixed by making it so the game doesn't actually start until everyone has accepted the game. P1 could also be randomized.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 09:56 AM
(02-17-2013 05:08 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 04:51 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I recently went to start some games and the first 6 games were all against Gurleyman/Krogoth with us as P2. Of those 3, two were cancelled by P4 (1 was Gurleyman, which is not cool since we had 6 as P2)

d*mn that must be annoying. i think theyre taking advantage of the loophole in the rules. do they do this regularly?

They may be taking advantage of 1st turn, because that's how it works now. but I doubt that they canceled the game because they had 2nd turn in it. More likely, it's because they had already had many games with you opened. I'm saying this, because recently it happened that i took about 6 or 7 games in a row against Gurleyman/Krogoth and they canceled 4 of them, though they had 1st turn in all of the games. Usually people don't like to have too many games with the same opponents. BTW, Wordfamous, did you notice, may be they declined some of the games where they had 1st turn as well?
02-17-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 11:24 AM by worldfamous.)
(02-17-2013 09:56 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 04:51 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I recently went to start some games and the first 6 games were all against Gurleyman/Krogoth with us as P2. Of those 3, two were cancelled by P4 (1 was Gurleyman, which is not cool since we had 6 as P2)

d*mn that must be annoying. i think theyre taking advantage of the loophole in the rules. do they do this regularly?

They may be taking advantage of 1st turn, because that's how it works now. but I doubt that they canceled the game because they had 2nd turn in it. More likely, it's because they had already had many games with you opened. I'm saying this, because recently it happened that i took about 6 or 7 games in a row against Gurleyman/Krogoth and they canceled 4 of them, though they had 1st turn in all of the games. Usually people don't like to have too many games with the same opponents. BTW, Wordfamous, did you notice, may be they declined some of the games where they had 1st turn as well?
I was only partially calling them out because they always seem to have the cue stacked. I don't mind a little cue stacking to balance your FT, but they seem to go overboard. If you don't want to have multiple games against the same opponent at a high level, don't start 10 games at a time. Now they have first turn in all those games and they can pick which map they want to play. Anyway, my post is more an indictment of the system. It's ridiculous that this far along, there isn't some sort of random FT. At the very least 2v2 needs to have a FTA balance. For now, I agree that you can't penalize declines. I do it myself to preserve some semblance of balance in our games. That's why I stated you can't penalize without fixing the other problems first. Oh and yes, they did also cancel a couple games as first player. So basically they have first turn games on the maps of their choice. Not knocking them so much as I am the system.

(02-17-2013 09:03 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 04:51 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  1. FTA fix similar to 1v1 (those of you that feel this is not an issue haven't played enough 2v2, *winks* @ MrB & AlexJ)

? I don't understand

Either you or your brother had said you didn't think FTA in 2v2 is noticeable. I'm just saying, if you haven't felt it yet, you will after playing enough.
(02-17-2013 04:59 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Funny, I JUST posted a whole thread about 2v2 complaints.
Sorry, I should've dug deeper. I hate when people clog up the front page with duplicate threads. -1 for me.
Edit: Hah, never mind. I see we almost simultaneously posted. Must be in the stars to fix 2v2. The collective conscience at work.
02-17-2013, 12:06 PM
(02-17-2013 11:08 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

I was only partially calling them out because they always seem to have the cue stacked. I don't mind a little cue stacking to balance your FT, but they seem to go overboard. If you don't want to have multiple games against the same opponent at a high level, don't start 10 games at a time. Now they have first turn in all those games and they can pick which map they want to play. Anyway, my post is more an indictment of the system. It's ridiculous that this far along, there isn't some sort of random FT. At the very least 2v2 needs to have a FTA balance. For now, I agree that you can't penalize declines. I do it myself to preserve some semblance of balance in our games. That's why I stated you can't penalize without fixing the other problems first. Oh and yes, they did also cancel a couple games as first player. So basically they have first turn games on the maps of their choice. Not knocking them so much as I am the system.

(02-17-2013 04:51 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  1. FTA fix similar to 1v1 (those of you that feel this is not an issue haven't played enough 2v2, *winks* @ MrB & AlexJ)

? I don't understand

Either you or your brother had said you didn't think FTA in 2v2 is noticeable. I'm just saying, if you haven't felt it yet, you will after playing enough.
(02-17-2013 04:59 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Funny, I JUST posted a whole thread about 2v2 complaints.
Sorry, I should've dug deeper. I hate when people clog up the front page with duplicate threads. -1 for me.
Edit: Hah, never mind. I see we almost simultaneously posted. Must be in the stars to fix 2v2. The collective conscience at work.

We've played around 60 games, most as P1, and never felt it for ourselves, again probably because of our methods and style of play, but certainly not because "we haven't played enough"

iPro Clan
02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
(02-17-2013 12:06 PM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  

? I don't understand

We've played around 60 games, most as P1, and never felt it for ourselves, again probably because of our methods and style of play, but certainly not because "we haven't played enough"
60 games is a relatively small number. I didn't notice it until well past 100. Competition grows stronger everyday. I think you'll eventually agree.
02-17-2013, 03:30 PM
(02-17-2013 12:29 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 12:06 PM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 05:08 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  d*mn that must be annoying. i think theyre taking advantage of the loophole in the rules. do they do this regularly?

? I don't understand

60 games is a relatively small number. I didn't notice it until well past 100. Competition grows stronger everyday. I think you'll eventually agree.

Meh. We just got a load of p2 games. We'll see how it goes. So far so good. And yes like you said, several of them were against gurley and krogoth. We declined some of them because it was kind of ridiculous. Also, like you said, they're "choosing" maps which is unfair, imo you shouldn't be a ST by stacking the queue and map choosing. But I will give them credit for seemingly not declining games against us when they're p2. And I will admit, when I'm starting 2v2 games, I start 5 or so at a time, and will give up games if a map appears too many times to get a good balance.

iPro
02-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Rather than penalize declining games, why not just not show the opponents or map until the game is accepted. That allows people to decline if they are busy, but the system can't be exploited.
02-17-2013, 11:33 PM
I wish I could see the race my partner chose beforehand.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
02-18-2013, 01:07 AM
(02-17-2013 11:33 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  I wish I could see the race my partner chose beforehand.

Yes! I've posted about this before! It always shows Scallywags.:/

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-18-2013, 04:28 AM
I want to suggest a new feature in 2v2: that'd be very helpful to see not only mine amount of wits, but my parner's too. Yes, I can count it. Yes, I can ask him, but it all takes time. We are the team and we should posess all our common info. Agree?