Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Beta Tester FAQ - for new testers
02-16-2013, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 09:27 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
New Beta Tester FAQ - for new testers
Detailed FAQs are available in the beta forum.

How do I know I am accepted into the beta?
You will receive some sort of confirmation notifying you that you have been accepted. This may be in the form of an email from Alex or Adam, or simply an installation notice from Testflight. Notifications are already rolling out, so if you don't receive one in the next few days, better luck next time.

I haven't received anything. Is there a chance I can get in the beta still?
If you haven't been accepted into the current beta, Alex and Adam may still have you down for the beta over on their side. Some testers get bored, lose interest and move on from the game and leave accounts occupying beta slots. These accounts eventually get cleared and free up slots for new testers. Generally, should OML require more testers, there will be more opportunities to join the beta; all you need to do is be patient.

Why can't I see the beta forum?
If you cannot see the beta forum, your forum account has not had those privileges enabled. An administrator will do so for you. If, after a few days of receiving confirmation, you still do not have access, contact either Adam or Alex. You can contact them via forum, contact form or replying to the Testflight email. Try to include your forum username, as well as your Testflight username.

What's this sandbox account? And how do I get to my normal games?
Sandbox accounts are basically accounts for testing within Apple's sandbox. They can be logged into by opening a beta app and using the login prompt. To exit your sandbox account, you simply log out from the system Game Center app and sign back in. To toggle between live and beta servers, go to options and toggle the Beta Login switch.

I have feedback, I have found bugs, I want to make suggestions, where can I do this?
All feedback, bug reports, and suggestions can be made via PM to Alex (mainly for the coding side), the contact form, a reply to Testflight email, or most practically, by a post in the beta forum. There it can be seen and discussed by all testers.

I have a screenshot of something from the beta I would like to post in the beta forum, can I?
Yes, but wait! You should only post images in the beta forum (or at least when no consent is given by OML), and you should upload your image to a private hosting service, such as the forum's attachment system or Dropbox. There are many prying eyes on the lookout for leaks and spoilers Wink

I don't currently have access, can I discuss the beta here?
There is a hidden beta forum for a reason Tongue Try not to post secret details in public.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 08:28 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
RE: New Beta Tester FAQ [short]
Bumping for people asking questions. (as in, for those people seeking answers, not in a bid for people to ask questions)
02-16-2013, 08:40 PM
I need a beta veteran to answer me. I've noticed that the official Outwitters and the Beta are the same app (yes, I'm in Big Grin). Is there some way i need to switch between the beta and the official?

02-16-2013, 09:08 PM
(02-16-2013 08:40 PM)Gfich Wrote:  I need a beta veteran to answer me. I've noticed that the official Outwitters and the Beta are the same app (yes, I'm in Big Grin). Is there some way i need to switch between the beta and the official?

You only need one client app. The beta combines both live and beta client into one. To change servers, go to settings and toggle Beta Mode.

Updated OP with some more general information.
02-17-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: New Beta Tester FAQ - for new testers
Thanks for this, even though I got rejected, it is nice to read about.

+1 Rep

GC: Great Wolf Sif
02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Do we have to use the same email address for the normal GC account and the sandbox account? I mean, are they linked accounts? Or do they have to be separate?
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
(02-18-2013 11:18 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Do we have to use the same email address for the normal GC account and the sandbox account? I mean, are they linked accounts? Or do they have to be separate?

Account wise, they are separate, one for each server. However, while the regular cant be used in betas, the sandbox can be used anywhere. When beta is on, you don't need to switch accounts, unless you care that much about Game Center achievement points.

Otherwise, yes, you can use the same email for both accounts.
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I see, I think I'm getting it Smile Am I right that if beta is "on", it automatically logs me on to the sandbox account, and if beta is "off" im on my normal GC account? Big Grin

By the way, the game limit for beta is 5 games, regardless of whether I already bought map packs? Big Grin
02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
(02-19-2013 12:16 AM)poweewee Wrote:  I see, I think I'm getting it Smile Am I right that if beta is "on", it automatically logs me on to the sandbox account, and if beta is "off" im on my normal GC account? Big Grin

By the way, the game limit for beta is 5 games, regardless of whether I already bought map packs? Big Grin

1) Kinda. You maintain your Sandbox Login regardless of which switch you use, but when switching between the two, you are changing between servers. One is the live server, where all your current games are. The other server is a "past state", a "screenshot" taken from the past, where no-one outside the beta can access. That may be why your profile already has some stats (given that you were playing back then). So no, your logins do not toggle (that can only be done manually through GC services), but rather the server you access does.

2) It happens sometimes, but generally they should unlock after a bit, or through pushing buttons in the store. I'm not sure of a 100% guaranteed remedy to fix it.
02-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I can't get in with anything other than my sandbox GC and that doesn't include the live games I started.