Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero points for win
02-15-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Zero points for win
(02-15-2013 01:28 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 01:08 PM)izzilla Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 12:56 PM)daHsu Wrote:  On osn, if you look at the upper left hand corner, it gives the symbol that it was a friendly match... did you happen to forget that it was a friendly?

Nope. Not a friendly. Has the league match icon on my list.

Post a screenshot of your list. It definitely looks like a friendly to me. I've had bugged games give me zero points before but it always shows our ranks. That game doesn't show a rank for either of you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Apparently this is a known bug if you finish a game (or open a game that has finished for a first time) in an area with no Internet connectivity. I can't verify this but allegedly your points and hidden rating are adjusted accordingly it just shows up as a friendly in the replay data sent to OSN. Not very satisfying, I know, just one of those things. I have done it several times when leaving my house and the result is the same every time.

I actually did it today in a 2v2 game which my partner had made the winning move so they obviously finished the game whilst connected to the Internet whilst I opened the game out of connection. He saw points attributed while I saw that horrible blank "what have we just been playing for" page. Hope this helps

Everything Changes
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
(02-16-2013 05:55 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  Apparently this is a known bug if you finish a game (or open a game that has finished for a first time) in an area with no Internet connectivity. I can't verify this but allegedly your points and hidden rating are adjusted accordingly it just shows up as a friendly in the replay data sent to OSN. Not very satisfying, I know, just one of those things. I have done it several times when leaving my house and the result is the same every time.

I actually did it today in a 2v2 game which my partner had made the winning move so they obviously finished the game whilst connected to the Internet whilst I opened the game out of connection. He saw points attributed while I saw that horrible blank "what have we just been playing for" page. Hope this helps

Thanks Phineas.

02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
@ izzilla
Could this internet connection glitch explain your 0 point games? Or was I barking up a wrongun?

Everything Changes
02-17-2013, 04:21 AM
I got it too. Am really annoyed because its my first win after promotion, which is usually crucial in order to prevent demotion.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
(02-16-2013 05:52 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  @ izzilla
Could this internet connection glitch explain your 0 point games? Or was I barking up a wrongun?

Yes. I wasn't on wifi. It was over 3G. Got send errerrr.