Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rebalancing-- DaHsu's mods
02-10-2013, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 11:29 AM by daHsu.)
Rebalancing-- DaHsu's mods
Here's my suggestion list for balancing the teams. Most of the specials are essentially buffed, although it's debatable.

Scallywags (more attack based than turtle based)
-Bombing range nerfed from 3 hexes to 2 hexes, but vision range is still 3
-Shelling/Unshelling has no cost
-Can attack the same turn it is shelled, but after attacking cannot be unshelled (although you can unshell->shell->attack)
-Shelling only boosts hp by 1

Adorables (no change)
-The Mobi is strong as is, but any nerf to health, movement, or teleporting would render it much weaker than before.

Feedback (weaker, more tactical usage)
- Hp cannot be over 1
- Vision range of 5 hexes (NOTE: vision is different from movement)
- Can 'fly' over empty hexes

Bramble (generally stronger)
- spawns thorns in a range of 3, with 4 hp
- thorns spawn more thorns in a range of 2, with 2 hp
- no wits recieved for killing thorns
- when bramble is unrooted, all thorns it spawned are dropped to 1 hp

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Rebalancing-- DaHsu's mods
I actually like those changes..but are you saying 5 movement on scrambler? Thats a little too far.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-10-2013, 09:47 AM
i think 4 movement for scrambler is good enough.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-10-2013, 09:50 AM
(02-10-2013 09:21 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Scallywags (more attack based than turtle based)
-Bombing range nerfed from 3 hexes to 2 hexes, but vision range is still 3
-Shelling/Unshelling has no cost
-Can attack the same turn it is shelled, but after attacking cannot be unshelled (although you can unshell->shell->attack)
-Shelling only boosts hp by 1
Destroys the elegance of being able to attack where you see.

(02-10-2013 09:21 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Adorables (no change)
-The Mobi is strong as is, but any nerf to health, movement, or teleporting would render it much weaker than before.
So make bombshell easier to kill so mobi can kill him more easily? Mobi has an easy enough time vs him, changing bombshell like that without changing mobi is absurd.

(02-10-2013 09:21 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Feedback (weaker, more tactical usage)
- Hp cannot be over 1
- Vision range of 5 hexes
- Can 'fly' over empty hexes
"fly...?" To random, destroys elegance. If you want the scrambler to move as much a runner...your crazy. If you just want to allow scrambler to see far, without being able to move that far you destroying more elegance, and your crazy for letting runner 1 hit him. Also doesn't really add to any tactic for scrambler.

(02-10-2013 09:21 AM)daHsu Wrote:  Bramble (generally stronger)
- spawns thorns in a range of 3, with 4 hp
- thorns spawn more thorns in a range of 2, with 2 hp
- no wits recieved for killing thorns
- when bramble is unrooted, all thorns it spawned are dropped to 1 hp
Bramble is already strong w/ the new update. Now your just making him op.
02-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Bramble isn't stronger with the update. Just saying

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-10-2013, 10:04 AM
(02-10-2013 09:59 AM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Bramble isn't stronger with the update. Just saying

Agreed

Soldier spam FTW
02-10-2013, 10:43 AM
If unrooting Bramble doesn't unroot the thorn patches (which is connected to him) how will you get your own thorn patches out of the way?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Hmm. I believe that theres one change that can be added that will bring the Bramble up to the same level as at least Feedback and Scallys:

-Don't change any stats or +1 wit per kill
-Add 'prickle': enemies adjacent to thorns take 1 damage for 1 wit. that thorn can't make a new one this turn.

This makes the bramble a bit more flexible in it's purpose, gives it a damage component that it lacks so much compared to other specials and can be used to tackle it's biggest weakness: snipers! It also somewhat tackes the problem of barriers helping your opponent and is more rewarding for relatively conservative use of the bramble, thoughts?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-10-2013, 11:06 AM
(02-10-2013 11:03 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hmm. I believe that theres one change that can be added that will bring the Bramble up to the same level as at least Feedback and Scallys:

-Don't change any stats or +1 wit per kill
-Add 'prickle': enemies adjacent to thorns take 1 damage for 1 wit. that thorn can't make a new one this turn.

This makes the bramble a bit more flexible in it's purpose, gives it a damage component that it lacks so much compared to other specials and can be used to tackle it's biggest weakness: snipers! It also somewhat tackes the problem of barriers helping your opponent and is more rewarding for relatively conservative use of the bramble, thoughts?

I like it! So your saying like if there was a sniper 2 spaces away from a thorn you could spend 2 wits to put 2 thorns next to it and then spend 2 wits to kill it?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Well I was actually suggesting that you have to choose between growing a thorn OR attacking with one - which would mean each 'thorn chain' would only be able to attack once. It would just make sense. However with good co-ordination with runners and 'layering' thorns I think it could be a viable update! Smile Might need a new animation added though like a 'shivering' thorn.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?