Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Super Crazy Awkward Feedback Tournament [Round 6]
05-18-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: The Super Crazy Awkward Feedback Tournament [Round 6]
First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for dropping this tournament out of the blue. Some extremely negative personal events have surfaced that I will not be able to dismiss anytime soon.

While I won't be frequenting the forums as much as I used to, I might be around sometime in the future.

I've given up on outwitters totally and unfortunately. I dropped all my 2v2 partners without notice. (Except my dad because I talk to him.) I don't see a return in the foreseeable future. I really loved the game for a long time. I started to play a little Hero Academy, and I noticed something that changed my view of outwitters forever.

I hate the Fog of War
I realized from HA that I REALLY liked seeing the whole board and all the pieces. I'm not the biggest fan of HA, but if you want a game my username is the same without spaces. Warning: I do play at an extremely leisurely pace of every 3-5 days.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Outwitters wouldn't be good if there wasn't fog of war! Sneaky attacks, or even unit placement to prepare an attack would be scouted ^^

Do you give up this tourney? Can't you give the lead of it to someone? Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-21-2013, 05:31 PM
magic, let's play the no sniper round on Thorn Gulley and say whoever wins wins the tournament Tongue
05-22-2013, 01:19 AM
(05-18-2013 11:47 AM)Ser Purple Wolf Wrote:  I started to play a little Hero Academy, and I noticed something that changed my view of outwitters forever.

I hate the Fog of War
I realized from HA that I REALLY liked seeing the whole board and all the pieces. I'm not the biggest fan of HA, but if you want a game my username is the same without spaces. Warning: I do play at an extremely leisurely pace of every 3-5 days.

I also like Hero Academy, but I really don't like how it has an element of luck. Very frustrating to get a bad hand, and after becoming accustomed to Outwitters this is jarring. Also - no replays! Boo. Finally, I don't like how the devs sold out with the Steam deal and made the TF2 team. Ruined the fantasy theme.

That being said, I DO like HA, just prefer Outwitters...it's elegant in its simplicity, built in league system, replays, 2v2, and nearly 100% skill based (no luck). I think FOW allows for some very interesting meta-game tactics.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
05-22-2013, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2013 02:21 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(05-21-2013 05:31 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  magic, let's play the no sniper round on Thorn Gulley and say whoever wins wins the tournament Tongue

Thorn Gulley without sniper? Sigh Sad

I tried hero academy, and I think the buyable races are way too powerful compared to the basic one. As Gg said there is also a part of luck, and limiting the number of moves like this really make the game no fun for me.. You can't set up real strategies since you can't do anything in a turn

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

05-22-2013, 02:52 AM
(05-22-2013 02:20 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(05-21-2013 05:31 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  magic, let's play the no sniper round on Thorn Gulley and say whoever wins wins the tournament Tongue

Thorn Gulley without sniper? Sigh Sad

I tried hero academy, and I think the buyable races are way too powerful compared to the basic one. As Gg said there is also a part of luck, and limiting the number of moves like this really make the game no fun for me.. You can't set up real strategies since you can't do anything in a turn

Actually, back in the day I was one of the best HA players and I only played Council, the starting team. However, it's true that they are now underpowered compared to the likes of TF2, Dwarfs and Tribe. IMO anyway.

05-22-2013, 03:15 AM
What is TF2? And how do you even know you were ranked so high since there isn't any league system (which decreases a lot the interest of a multiplayer game like these imo)

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

05-22-2013, 03:18 AM
(05-22-2013 03:15 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  What is TF2? And how do you even know you were ranked so high since there isn't any league system (which decreases a lot the interest of a multiplayer game like these imo)

There was a player-run league, which is still active though much less so today. Waaaaaaay back I was ranked number 1 for a time. Smile TF2 = Team Fortress 2.

05-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Oh ok Smile I don't have any TF2 team in my store ^^'

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

05-22-2013, 05:11 AM
(05-22-2013 03:19 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Oh ok Smile I don't have any TF2 team in my store ^^'

Oh - I think the only way to get them is to purchase the Steam version for $5. Which is laaaaame.