Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dinosaur team idea
02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Dinosaur team idea
Hey first post. I am in masters always up for games GC: boyxoneder
Huge fan of the game, such good, deep strategy. I am in love with the game and always looking to play better players. I am coming for super titan Super-Titan

In honor of the January idea poopsauce I was just gonna pitch an idea to whoever wants to read it for critiques. You can hurt my feelings if you don't like it, just be honest.

Anyway I don't really care what the units look like but in my head I envision dinosaurs (no I am not 12 years old). The super unit is like a T-rex and is basically a superior offensive unit, something like 3 -5 hp (I think 4, 5 is too much) 3 move and 3 to 4 attack. Something like a soldier heavy hybrid. Mobil enough to get around, strong enough to survive puishment and deal serious damage in one attack. He would be great at initiating attacks being mobile and meaty. I can see a lot of players using him and him balancing with other teams very well. He could potentially one shot a bombshell or hit it to 1 hp, and he is good enough against ground units to be potentially used over adorables, which seems to be the meta right now.

I do not want this to be a post your team ideas thread, but I would like to see what you think I believe this team or just this super unit would be a really good edition and just fun to play. It is a more aggressive unit that can one attack a lot of units but at the risk of being on the front lines. Anyway please comment what you think and any changes you would make to balance said unit. I am not sure what the most fair movement, hp, and attack combinations are, although, like I said it should be a soldier, heavy hybrid that is worth 7 wit. Hopefully Adam and Alex read this.

My current for a team super unit is
Cost 7 (duh)
Move 3 (I personally think 4 is too high but maybe someone will argue)
Attack (4) (this one is tough maybe 4 is too good and it should be 3)
HP (4) (buffed up to 5 makes him a force, 3 is viable, I think 5 is too strong)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
RE: Dinosaur team idea
So you're saying for an extra 3 wits, you build a heavy with 1 extra attack and movement? Wouldn't it be better to just build a soldier and a heavy?

iPro
02-06-2013, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 05:09 AM by CombatEX.)
Building on what Mr.Banger said:

(12-19-2012 03:39 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  If we see another special, I want it to be 'special'. In other words, it should do something that cannot already be achieved by other units. No normal units no matter how you combine them can teleport a unit somewhere else in a single turn like the mobi can. No normal units can convert an enemy unit either like the scrambler can. And no normal units can create thorn barriers like the bramble can.

Now, the bombshell can be replicated by normal units. However, that's the only special that acts like this so it's still unique. But, this means that we already have a plain damage oriented special like this so I don't want to see another one which just has the same ability as a combination of normal units. Any new special should have unique abilities like the mobi and scrambler and not just be an amalgamation of normal units.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Give him 6hp starting, and you've got yourself a special worth building.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-06-2013, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 07:06 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(02-06-2013 06:49 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Give him 6hp starting, and you've got yourself a special worth building.

7hp boosted. @@
its too strong

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-06-2013, 07:09 AM
7HP... That's two heavies and a runner to kill it.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 09:00 AM by boyxoneder.)
Building this unit is better than building a heavy and a slider because it one shots most things meaning it attacks for free and leave u way more wits in your turn left to attack. He could attack first and kill almost anything including the four hip bombshell people hate and give you almost all your wits back. As compared to a heavy and a soldier mor two soldiers who can burn up half your turn with move attack move attack. I honestly think this unit could work very well... Maybe give him 5 starting health max but he would fit right in. Any more thought?
And although you think all specials have to have unique traits I personally do not. This unit is special because he is so strong. He is somewhat to a heavy/soldier like a bombshell is to the sniper, and encourages a less campy play style and I know a lot of people would enjoy using him because he fits their game type of being more aggressive
02-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I think he'd be cooler as a raptor special. He's big and starts with 5 health so he's tough to take down, but (and here's my tweak to your design) he can only move 1 space at a time unless he attacks. Think of it as a "pounce" attack. He has a range like a sniper, but instead of shooting from range, he pounces on his enemy's space and deals a bunch of damage.

Of course that means that to move he'd have to be able to kill what he's pouncing on, otherwise I'm not sure how to handle pouncing on units he can't kill outright (which would be limited to boosted heavies, other raptors and bases). In the case of bases, though, maybe it's best if he can't attack them at all. A 4 damage hit to a base is pretty OP for something so mobile

so my modification:

Name: Raptor
Cost: 7
Health (starting): 5
Movement: 1
Damage: 4
Range: 3 (pouncing)

I had another idea for a Raptor but it involved a scaling price so you'd spawn them in packs (first one is 7, next is 5, then 3, then 1, so you can have a pack of 4) and would really just be a soldier that can move really far.

neat idea, though I'm pretty sure there won't be another team for a while yet as they're still trying to make the Veggienauts competitive.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Veggies prob won't be competitive unless thorns damage. And I don't like your pound idea because a special that can move one space is useless because it cost him 7 to spawn 1 to heal and then like 5 to move anywhere. I want him to be an aggressive special like I stated and when you have one move you are not aggressive. He would fit in with the stats I gave him up top, possibly adding one more to his hp, and would create another competitive team with a unique style from the rest and would not be hard to code, all they would need is character art. I would welcome this team and love to play with and against a team of this style and think a lot of players would buy this team
02-06-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 02:19 PM by Ryzuma.)
It has too many good stats. You give him good hp,good movement, and good dmg. No unitin the game has all 3 stats being high

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.